1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are you so great?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GArchi1992, Jan 16, 2014.

1. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, for my university course, I have been asked to write a paragraph about myself, stating "why I am so great". I'm really struggling with this, I'm hardly egotistical. In fact I'm highly modest and hate writing about myself. Do you guys have any suggestions and maybe write a little bit about "why you are so great", for a little inspiration.

Cheers people!

2. Foster

Just focus on all of your positive qualities. If you can't figure out what those are, maybe ask a friend or a relative what they like about you and why. :slight_smile:

3. UIOP

You should ask your family or someone who is close to you and I'm sure they'd be able to help you. Here are some things you could think about:

Are you hard working or doing well in your course?
    Do you have a cracking sense of humour?
    Do you have many friends?
    Do you have a boyfriend who acknowledges how great you are?
    Are you awesome at a particular hobby?

Things like that could start the ball rolling :slight_smile:

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Start with the Chronicles of Narnia approach: you are great because you don't believe you deserve the word. Humility practiced by extraordinary people is a very special trait. So instead of saying why you are great, you can say that you are constantly striving for greatness. That transitions nicely into the idea that you have limitless motivation to achieve. :slight_smile:

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Try seeing yourself from another person's point of view..

6. LifeIsGrey

personally, i would turn it around and list the traits of people i consider great and how that affects me striving to be a better person, but that's just because i hate writing about myself. One thing some people find therapeutic in general is to just make a list of things they like about themselves even if its small (im good at math, i like my eyes, things like that) You could do that and just pick what you want to write about

7. apostrophied

I thought you were asking us why we are great. So I listed why I am great. Then I realized you were asking why YOU are great. :grin:

Well, I'd say, think about your accomplishments and what you did to accomplish them.

You fought a black bear and won? You are great because you are strong and courageous.

Graduated early? You're great because you worked hard and focused on your goal.

And so on.

#7 apostrophied, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  8. Sully

Why don't you write about greatness itself. Not how you are great, but how you can become great. Focus on the idea of greatness by looking at 'great' figures (Mandela? Etc).

Personally I don't think anybody is any greater than anyone else. Some people have merely done great acts.

An essay like that would probably get you a bit of attention.