1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight guy hit on me again

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Jan 16, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :tantrum: Why the hell do I keep attracting straight guys is it because I'm femme I was doing my work today at my job and this guy kept following me around trying to talk to me at first i thought nothing of it because he just asked me questions about the job and all that stuff . Then when i was orgainzing the shelves he asked me what was my name , where I'm from and how old I was then it came what's your phone number ? do you have a boyfriend >.< I said No I don't have a boyfriend and i don't like to give my phone number to strangers and I even said I don't have cell phone (which is true ) but i feel so stupid for saying I didn't have a boyfriend .
    :bang:
    I can't get any girls but only guys come up to me , I didn't want to be all mean and like Go way or I'm a lesbian beat it .
    but this gets annoying sometimes I'm flattered that some men find me attractive but why can't other women ask me out :confused: am I not attractive to them :tears:

2. Foster

I know the feeling :/ Guys hit on me all the time but it's like I'm invisible to other bi/gay women. It's very frustrating >_< I hate to stereotype but I think girls are less anxious to hit on people compared to men. Probably because....well I think guys just want sex allot more, so they're bolder. Not saying this is true for all guys though. Also, there's the fact that you're just more likely to meet straight guys than you are to meet gay/bi women. We're a minority unfortunately. But I'm sure when the time is right you'll meet someone lovely :slight_smile:

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks foster :icon_bigg

4. Nikky DoUrden

Maybe they are just scared to approach, unlike guys which what they "suppose to do" :grin:

And also maybe they don't know ur lesbian so why would they approach? its kind of a risk ^^

5. Data

Data Guest

If a guy said that about women on this forum, he'd be skinned and burned alive while being called sexist and misogynistic.:dry:

6. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I wouldnt generalize, but i do believe there are more guys open to casual sex than women are, also women are usually more selective with whom they have phisical intimacy....again, not all men and women are the same.

Guys are educated by their father and friends and probably by bigger brothers, on how to approach woman. But also they are expected to do it, in fact not doing it can even affect your self steem, cause you feel like a failure of a man(as a shy awkard guy i have felt that)... So you see, guys are both motivated and expected and educated toward being the initiator, approaching, etc...

On the other hand most women are educated in another way, more toward evaluating those guys who approach her and then rejecting them or accepting them... This decrease the chances of a woman approaching another women, as many lesbians are doing the same you are doing, waiting, and wondering why only guys approach them....

Maybe you could begin taking then initiative yourself. If you dont know how, maybe you can ask a guy for help, specialy a guy with is good at approaching women.... Or even better if you know any lesbian girl who takes the initiative.

I hope this is of help :slight_smile:

7. Hexagon

Why not just tell him you're gay? It isn't mean, it's just honest, and makes things simpler for both of you. There is no point him continuing to hit on you, and you don't have to make up half-assed excuses. Some guys can be assholes, but most will just accept it and leave you alone.

8. C P

C P

Haha, I get females flirting and stuff with me plenty(and not knowing the truth) so I get you; although guys seem to pursue this kind of thing more.

For those of us not on the more stereotypical side of our orientations, we will generally get unintentional attention from others outside of it.

^ :\

This, along with what straight ally said about other females out there who may be in your position and waiting as well.

9. PurpleGrey

Nobody ever flirts with me, but I have been on the other side. I tried to chat up a girl and I got a "ahh, this chick is creeping me out a bit" vibe. Not to mention my uber-creepy high school days.

So to the point, a polite but direct rejection is appropriate.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I 'm not ready to come out plus I don't want people around work to know they'll start treating me weird and my other coworkers are pretty judgement when it comes to homosexuality

@purple gray that's happen to me also , i got the stink eye when trying to approach a girl I liked .

Maybe i'll just tell him i don't want a relationship right now , that's true guys are taught from young to approach girls and there is a lot of pressure put on them if they can't or if their shy . It's not his fault he doesn't know i'm a lesbian but I can't help but wonder why is it only men that approach sometimes