1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are ways I can kindly reject straight men I need help

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Jan 17, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok It got worse a guy that I worked with today that's I think 70 years old confessed that he likes me and told me he doesn't care about age . I was so shocked I couldn't say anything and I'm wondering damn it what is going on in the would what am I doing that these guys keep liking me so much .
    He told me that I don't say hi to him today and it got him really upset and that I act too causal around him and don't take him seriously and I'm thinking in my head first of all I'm a lesbian second I don't date people that old enough to be my grand parents . I'm fine being friends with him but I am not dating someone at that age even if it were a woman to ask me out .
    How can I let straight men know I'm not interested without telling them I'm a lesbian in a nice and respectful way
    :help:

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    IMO, it's a more than a little weird that a very old man would be hitting on a young woman as if it was normal. He should not be upset at what is a perfectly natural response from you, which shows immaturity for someone who should have learned it by now. I don't think you should even be friends with him; he could be a pervert.

Just tell him that you're not interested to guys X years older than you and that you want him to respect your decision.

3. EvilRegal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me he sounds far too aggressive, regardless as to whether you are a lesbian his behaviour is unacceptable. Just tell him you are not interested. You don't need to explain yourself any further than that. If he keeps harassing you, report him.

4. Nikky DoUrden

I agree, thats creepy >.>
    Maybe hes trying to play your feelings by saying "ohhh u hurt me so muuuuuch" ... so yeah just tell him nothing can happen between u and if it continues then like EvilRegal says, u can report him :slight_smile:

5. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I have nonissue with people of whatever age hitting on people of whatever age over 20... I mean there are old people that like young people, and young people that like old people... Everyone deserves to search for people interested....buuuuuuut.... Regardless of age he sounded too agresive, even entitled. Tell him you are seeing someone.

Also, i think is good and necessary for men, to know what they are doing wrong, so they can improve and behave better, so maybe you could tell him gently that he is being to agressive in his approach, thus making it ineffective.

6. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some older guys (they usually seem to be about 50 or 60) try their luck with me. One older guy wasn't even phased when I told him I have a boyfriend! He wanted me to cheat on my bf, wtf!? Sometimes there's no way or need to sugercoat it. Tell him he's not your type; too old for you. If he continues to pursue you after being told off then you've got to take action - report him? Damn right I agree with Resu, don't be friends with this older guy, it won't end well! Tell guys you're not interested in a relationship with them, and if they can't accept that then they're creepy and/or delusional. I think that is polite.

7. Mzansi

Tell him that,
    Although you are flattered he has these feelings for you,
    You don't feel the same.

If he persists,
    Then leave him in the dust.

8. thekillingmoon

You can say that you already have a boyfriend. It works most of the time unless he's one of those persistent men. Guys like that tend to look for women who look fragile and can't reject them in a confident manner.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm gonna tell him that I'm not interested and friendship is all I want

10. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Overly Attached Girlfriend seems to have a knack for getting guys to leave her alone.

[​IMG]

11. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's the easiest answer of all: "I'm ok being on my own right now, and just want to be friends."

Forget about this guy and his feelings, especially if he persists.

I've been on the same side of the persist situation with someone I could not stand, and it got to the point where feelings did not matter. And, since this person and those in that circle did not matter either, being honest about my personal life was not necessary in my estimation.

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wow I should try this
    I use to tell guys creepy things so they would leave me alone maybe I should start doing that again

13. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'll do this .

He apologized today but then acted the same way again because when he gave me a compliment he got mad at I was all excited over it . It's just that if a girl gave me a compliment and told me I look good then it's something but when a guy says it I think nothing of it , that's not the sex I really want to attract , It's nice to here I look nice but he tells me that every time . Plus i was feel sad because one of my friends got fired today over something stupid and the people on the job are on a which hunt to firer people .