1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Achieve your dreams and reach your goals. Belief.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tyrael, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Tyrael

So I already posted about sacrifice. Obviously there's more to it. I don't know if most people read it all, but some didn't like it and some did so that's good. Being willing to sacrifice is good but you need more and I'll tell you that now, because I believe it's important to share with you what I'm thinking and feeling now.

One of the first things you have to be willing to do is BELIEVE that your goal or your dream can be achieved. Believe that no matter what it is, becoming an engineer, getting a PhD, joining the army, spending more time with the family, whatever it is, it can be done. No matter how many people say you can't do it, you have to say yes you can.

Always keep in mind that you are important, that you matter in life. It has helped me to remind myself that. Look in the mirror and tell yourself you are important. When you find confidence in yourself, you can project that confidence and you'll see life differently. People will see you differently. I've always had low self-esteem, terrible issues with self-confidence because of my weight and I've always been an introverted person at the best of times. Now I'm taking charge and dealing with it. I quit drinking and joined the gym recently, I'm taking the steps I need to take because I got tired of telling myself I'm not good enough. Got tired of waking up, looking in the mirror and hating what I saw. Personal belief is the key, you need to TELL yourself you can do it, you have to believe it. You don't need someone else to tell you can do it if you know it in your heart already. I'll be posting pics of my weight loss to show the world I don't care what it thinks of me any more.

You might find it hard to get the willpower to do what you have to do. What I will say is when you are tired of getting beat, tired of being left behind, tired of not fulfilling your potential, that willpower will come.

Let's be honest, if it was easy everyone would do it.

#1 Tyrael, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  2. Hexagon

I have two dreams. Unfortunately, one of them involves space ships, so it's not practical. If my dream was spending more time with family, I think I'd kill myself. As for my practical dream, I want to get a phd in some (yet to be decided) area of philosophy. And do something with my life that actually does some good.

3. Tyrael

Haha well yes, I think spending more time with the family would likely apply to someone with kids etc who works a lot. To anyone else it's probably a nightmare lol. Spaceships, that's a long shot but you never know! We're still young so there's time for spaceships :lol: a phd on the other hand is definitely achievable. At least you know what you want to do it in. Can you do some good with philosophy then? :slight_smile: There's so many options!