1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Best Friend Is My Hero

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by itsonlyrelative, Jan 18, 2014.

1. itsonlyrelative

My best friend got a tattoo for her 18th birthday that she had been planning out for a long time. The tattoo says "Love is Patient" and it is quoting the bible verse "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." However, there is the popular LGBT Macklemore song, "Same Love" lyrics that sings "Love is patient, Love is kind" as well.

Well Friday my friend and I were sitting in the cafeteria eating lunch when the president of the GSA walked up and complimented her tattoo asking if it was quoting Same Love. My friend said she really liked the song, but she was quoting the bible verse. The president nodded and said she liked both and walked away. (The whole scene friendly)

But as soon as the president walked away, all the guys we were sitting with started teasing my friend for having a "dyke tattoo", saying should have just tattooed a rainbow on her forehead.

That made me really sad that all my guy friends were being really uncool about it all. But then my best friend snapped on her serious face and gave them this huge talk about how she didn't give a damn whether some people thought that her tattoo was quoting an LGBT song or signaling Martians or whatever, as long as it brought them comfort because it brought her comfort. Then she told them to stop being so ignorant and to grow up because they were seniors and that their behavior was unacceptable.

The guys got so red and apologized before staring down at the table. She just went back to eating her lunch acting as though the whole scene hadn't just happened.
    I couldn't help but smile and notice that the GSA president was smiling at the table one over.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It really amazes me that people can jump to such conclusions. I love that those guys got thoroughly burned, but why do they have to assume it's from Macklemore? The world existed before modern pop culture was around and the singers etc. might possibly be quoting something else.