1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is being able to cook important in a lesbian relationship ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Jan 19, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can't cook , I know how to cook some things , I know how to make pancakes , i can make cakes and tacos but that's about it I wonder if this will affect my relationship with the women i date if I can't cook and they will be mad at me for it .
    So is cooking important in a lesbian relationship ?

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's probably important in any relationship.

3. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Yeah. I think at least one of two people in a relationship has to be able to cook.

I eat very little and I hate cooking. If I find a girl as me, probably I don't eat more :icon_sad:

4. Thedistra

As long as you can cook simple things like the things you mentioned you should be fine, and that's assuming the girl your/would be dating can't cook at all. I don't think people expect you to be able cook amazing things, just the everyday things.

5. PurpleGrey

Just learn the basics. Pasta, baked chicken, beans, crock pot pot roast. You'd be surprised what kinds of food take no effort.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You must be very good at cooking :icon_bigg

7. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Its probably best in any relationship..

Cooking isn't as hard as you think... As long as you put effort into it, its no problem.

Also I don't think your partner would judge yo if you can or can not cook...

8. Foster

I don't think it's important. Maybe whoever you date will be a great cook! If not, there's always takeout :slight_smile:

9. Simple stuff like pasta, grilled cheese, pancake, scrambled eggs and meat (if you're partner eats it. I've noticed quite a few lesbians are veggies, including myself.) are all pretty easy. And most mock meat only require a a minute or two in the microwave. Oven cooking is also much easier than it seems.

10. thekillingmoon

I hope not. It's not one of my strongest points. I do know all the best places to order pizza from. :sunglasses: I wouldn't mind having a girlfriend who can cook though.

11. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope not the only I can make is reservations...

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Lol :roflmao:

13. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Any relationship that values healthy eating on a less than Cadillac budget, just to expand on this a little.

Frankly, I have a hard time accepting the pronouncement "I can't cook" from anyone, especially when they are young and still have a highly-absorbant brain to pick up on things. Cooking is absolutely not fucking rocket science and I am living proof of that. When I married my wife, I could cook little more than oatmeal. Being with her, because there were multiple mouths to feed and because time was always at a premium for her (she worked a very demanding job), I either had to learn to cook or live with shoveling Chef Boyardee onto my stepkids' plates--something I couldn't do. For a guy with no innate domestic sense whatever to eventually whip up chicken piccata or orange-zest stir fry is a testament to the easily solvable riddles of cooking. Perhaps when you have someone to cook for, this will end up being your story as well. Don't count yourself (and your future partner) out! :eusa_danc

14. Kamina

Dude My Drunk Kitchen.

"If Hannah can do it plastered and still have it (usually) be edible we can cook sober and not poison anyone!"

My motto when cooking

15. apostrophied

Well, I don't think I'd eat most of what Hannah cooks, at least not after she's drowned it under all sorts of things, including glitter in the last episode I watched. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But seriously, cooking it not important in relationships. It's important in life. How will you eat if you can't cook? Take out, cans, and frozen dinners are expensive, generally not so tasty, and most of all, unhealthy. Veryyyy unhealthy. You can't live on that stuff your whole life, and those who manage to do so are almost always significantly overweight.

So I think you definitely need to learn how to cook. Doesn't have to be complicated to start, but you should be able to master easy things, like making you own burger patties, meatloaf, microwaved chicken legs, basic sandwiches, veggies, etc.

In terms of whether it is important in a relationship, I mean, I'm sure it can't hurt. :wink:

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That' s true if i did know how to cook i could make myself lunch and not be hungry before work .

17. Sal

Sal Guest

I can bake and have gotten a lot better at cooking. However due to past failures no one will let me in their kitchen to practice so I forget most of my recipes. But hey, when in doubt make a grilled cheese sandwich.

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    When i was little i use to help my dad cook and new a lot more than i did now but I stopped for years and forgot .

19. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    What is important is that you put in effort. surprise her every once in a while and that's all that matters

20. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can cook like it is nobody's business, I have to do it at home all of the time anyways. I think it important for at least someone in the relationship to know how to cook or be willing to go to cooking classes to learn how to cook.