1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Near Death Experience...Well, Not Really

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Absol, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    (This actually happened a couple of days ago, I just haven't had the time to write it)

A couple of days ago, I was at work(I'm cashier at a grocery store #thuglyfe) and I nearly died from embarrassment. It was pretty busy Friday evening, mostly because meteorologists were calling for an inch of snow, so as usual, everyone thinks it's the snowcalypse and has to buy like twenty gallons of milk. Anyway, I was checking people out, probably wishing some type of apocalypse would happen, when this guy and girl stepped up to be checked out. They both appeared to be in their mid-twenties, around my age, and I figured they were a couple. The girl was holding some random items and the guy was holding a bouquet of flowers, nothing really strange.

Well I begin with my usual cashier spiel of asking how they are, did they find everything, etc., when the guy hands me the flowers and says "These are for you". I was like "eh?" and I just stood there, holding these flowers, just frozen out of pure shock and confusion. Then, the girl laughed and said "Stop messing around." and I instantly took it as a joke. I awkwardly laughed and finished ringing up their items, while trying to suck my soul back in, and finished the transaction. I wished them a good evening, doing all this without looking at him, because I still could feel the heat coming from my face.

I honestly had no ideal who they were, though I probably have seen them before. I'm trying to figure out what it actually was: an actually joke or was he really asking me out? I don't really know, I mean if it was joke, I don't think it had any malicious intent behind it, so it was probably just a joke between strangers. Then again, what guy thinks it would be funny to go up to another guy and give him flowers? If he was actually asking me out, than it brings up the question of how did he know I was gay? Only a few people know and I personally think I don't give off a "gay vibe". Maybe he or his friend had really good gaydar, I really don't know...

Also, I didn't really care if it caused me to be outed, I was just generally embarrassed that he did that in front of a bunch of people and that he did it while I was working. I actually feel bad now since if he was serious, I might of scared him off; he wasn't bad looking. sigh

So I guess the moral of the story is: Don't ask/pretend to ask someone out at their job, especially when they're working. It just makes everything awkward.:icon_redf

2. AlamoCity

In all honesty I think it was probably a joke. When I'm checking out at the grocery store I sometimes do joke around with the cashiers of they seem to be friendly. I would never joke the way that man joked, but I think it is common to joke around that way between guys. Could the couple have been siblings? Or maybe the flowers were for a relative. like a mother, because I'm much too sure one in the couple would buy flowers together to give to the other. It's kind of like if I had a boyfriend and we went shopping together and I bought him a romantic gift like chocolates with him, paid for it, and just gave it to him.

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Seems like a joke because I would definitely do that to someone haha. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    It's all about dat humor, lol.

4. AlamoCity

If your first name has an "S" or a "C," do you put instead a dollar or cent sign? :roflmao:

5. chrispunkins

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah that sounds like it was a joke... unless this guy is now a regular...?

I had a similar experience when I worked in a store and a guy left his phone number. It was confusing as I don't give off any gay vibes nor had I ever seen him before.

Maybe he just gives it out to every guy he meets until he gets a bite

6. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yea I gos by $te7en. Gots a scan r8 of 25 and mah till its a nevah shrot. bichs wont mess wth ma bcaz i gots dat masta swaggg.

She seemed more like a sister and I have no ideal who the flowers were for. I'm not sure if he's a regular, though, everyone in this town is pretty much a regular since this is the only grocery store. But yeah, it was probably a joke and even if it was, I don't exactly remember what he looks like, so he would have to approach me again. Yeah, I'm just going to take it as a joke and not worry about it.