1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The World is Full of Bullsh*t...Don't Listen to It

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by justfacepalm, Jan 21, 2014.

1. justfacepalm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So for all those who don't watch the news, Russia has banned "Gay" propaganda and even the topic of LGBTness to be talked about with minors. This new law, as fucked up as it is, has now caused homophobia to skyrocket.
    The link below is a 5 part documentary that I am watching about what its like to be a LGBT in Russia.

Young and Gay in Putin's Russia (Part 1/5) - YouTube

So my question is this, Why the hell dose this happen? Why are some people so stupid that they would even think to create a law that's spewing with discrimination and hate? We may not have been born gay (depends on who you ask) but we sure as hell can't change, so why the hell do you even bother making laws that just make people feel like they are worthless?

Hate happens in every country, and hopefully, future generations wont have to be afraid to say the words 'I'm Gay', but till then, Suicides and murders happen everyday all over the world because people feel like who they are is wrong.

This is to all the people who have been slapped, punched, yelled at, beaten up, stabbed, had rocks thrown at them, has been bullied because of their sexuality, or rejected by their own family; You deserve better. You are amazing, no matter what the assholes say. And if no one else says it, let me. You are beautiful. You don't need to hide. Someone in the world loves you, and that someone is me. Stay strong. And although this may sound cheesy, It gets better. Just push through because after the worst rain, their is always a bigger and brighter rainbow.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Because they think what their doing is right .

3. Siarad

An accurate comment but I resonate with the anger the OP feels about this being the case. I am angry at the prejudice I face (even as a closeted lesbian) in a country that supposedly protects gay people from prejudice and has just passed gay marriage.

I can only imagine (in my worst nightmares) how those feelings would escalate in a country with some of the most appalling and oppressive anti-gay laws in the world.

4. Nikky DoUrden

Because they like feeling "better" than others and don't want the "lesser" people be around them.
    Reminds me of something happened about 50 years ago!
    So yep, humans wont change.. >.>

5. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mind Controled by the Orthodox church.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Some of them really do think their better it's true

7. AAASAS

You have to understand demographics and education of the country.

Many people still don't know that sexuality isn't due to nurture. The very fact the nature vs.nurture debate still exists shows you that people still believe it's a choice. Now if you thought that being gay was something that could be detered, for whatever reasons, it wouldn't be the worst thing to do. They believe that by banning gay people from spreading "word" on being gay to impressionable youth that they may themselves decide to be gay.

Again it comes to the nature vs. nurture debate. Not everyone in that country is properly educated, and there still isn't hard scientific evidence; well there is, that proves that being gay is innate. Therefore some Russians think it is in their best interest to fight nurture and try to curb homosexuality, for either religious, or for social reasons(no parent wants their kid to be gay because of the bullshit they have to face).

So it isn't all that bad what they are doing, only because I know they are partially uneducated on the subject due to economic and religious reasons, and could be a lot worse, many countries still ban homosexuality..etc, Russia really isn't the "worst" in the world for their stance on homosexuality.

I would be pissed off if the U.S or U.K or any highly industrialized nation with high human rights standards put a law like this out.

But Russia doesn't exactly have the best record for taking care of it's citizens; hence the diaspora that has been going on for decades and will continue. So who cares, it's coming from an essentially "crap" place to live, it's crap to live there for almost anyone, let alone gay people.

8. katwat

Stephen Fry did a documentary (Stephen Fry: Out There) on the anti LGBT insanity going on in Uganda. Basically a group of extremely conservative fundamentalist evangelical Christians from the United States went over there and put into the minds of Ugandan Christian leaders (who then converted politicians) that LGBT people were the cause of all ill in the world. The US preachers encouraged legislation against LGBT people which has just led to violent insanity. Some of those same US preachers went to Russia and did the same thing there. I can't remember which law it is (either the current "no gay propaganda" law or the proposed law to remove children from LGBT families) but one of them was taken nearly word for word from what one of the preachers proposed to a Russian politician.

Some kind of crazy "save your souls by hating you to death" thinking I guess.