1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm starting to think my mom doesn't want me to be independent

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Jan 21, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm currently saving money to get my own place I managed to save about 1000 since my mom needed money for the rent I gave her 500 now it's down to 700 , but it seems like every month she always ups the price first it was 100 then 200 , 400, now 500 . I'm starting to think my mom doesn't want me to leave home at all and wants me to be stuck with her for the rest of my life . She gets in fights with me about saving money and insults me about saving money . I don't get why a parent would be upset with their kid for being careful with their money and argue with them about . When my mom and I go to the mall she would try to make me over spend by saying how about you buy this to go over my limit , sometimes to she makes me buy her stuff . I'm scared to go out with her to the mall because of this . I know my mom has money saved up and is hiding it from my dad but she makes the both of us pay most of the rent while she puts a small portion in . She also buys stuff off of QVC that she can't afford and has a hard time keeping up those monthly payments . I recently fixed my account where she can't take money out of it but she's trying to get me to change it and give me some instructions to allow her to take money freely from my account . I even remember along time ago my aunt told me that my mom does not want me to be independent and will do anything to stop me from being so .
    I use to save money when i was 13 to leave my house for when I became an adult I would be able to have my own place . I managed to save 900 dollars of my years allowance my mother found it took all my money and told my father to stop giving me allowance for chores . So I beg my parents to let me work but my mom refused and said i was too young at 16 and told me to just go to school . I studied hard so I could be good enough to get a better job so I can leave . She constantly threatens me about throwing me out of the house if I stand up to her about what she's doing wrong , I'm not even allowed to have an opinion if I do I get accused of being a slut and having sex , or now she even accuses me of having sex with my dad too

2. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Wow ok it sounds like your mom has some issues she needs to deal with, about the money, if you are shopping with her only bring a small amount of money or tell her you forgot to bring any when she asks you to buy things. Have you talked to your dad about this? Also she can't stop you from getting a job which you will need when you move out anyway. If you can't live with her and she's controlling you like that you should look for somewhere to rent if you can afford to.

#2 alex3191, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    " or now she even accuses me of having sex with my dad too"

Are you sure your mum hasn't had like...a breakdown or something, because that's the type of accusation a sane person would usually make...

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I told my dad about it he says he will give me back the money she took but he's low on cash so he told me to wait . I told her I left my credit card and she threw a fit in the store .

@Ella I think she has you see my mom use to be a very attractive woman when she was young and had men crawling at her feet , and now she looks old and not so pretty anymore so she constantly worries about looking old buys tons of make up to hide it she is not enjoying aging at all

#4 stocking, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I told her I left my credit card and she threw a fit in the store"

You know what, let her. If you're report is accurate I wouldn't trust her with her OWN card let alone mine...

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She's scary I think she's trying to get me to have bad credit . I wanted to by some new pajamas one time and i asked her if she could pay half to help me out because they were expensive she got mad said "YOu work go buy it yourself , I'm not helping you"
    so i didn't buy it then she said why didn't you buy it

7. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only thing I can think of is to stop asking her to pay for anything, and refuse to give her any form of access to any of your money. If that means you go shopping on your own, so be it.

What does your aunt or dad have to say about all this? (I know your dad said he would pay you back but surely he doesn't think this sort of thing is ok...)

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That was the only time i asked her to buy me something after that i don't ask . My aunt says I should leave the house , my dad said just pay the rent and ignore her . I'm thinking when i get my first girlfriend and things go well I'll move in with her or get an apartment together.
    My aunt said i should also start paying the lottery lol

9. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is your aunt nearby? perhaps you could go see her for a bit and get away from it, if for no other reason that to sort this all out in your own head.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She lives in another country

11. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bugger. That probably won't work then.

Hmm...is there any movement in dads position at all?

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Nope he's currently too sick to work

13. setnyx

sounds like your mom has multiple mental health issues and your dad is afraid to rock the boat, he will have to live with her when your gone.

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah i think so too

15. AlexMyLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

Yeah your right in my opinion, I'm not saying it's right, you should tell your mom to go to therapy. Or maybe just talk to her but if shejust starts to argue go to a family therapist. Anyways be careful love, and don't let your mom get the money you have in the bank.

16. Saint Otaku

I've read a few other of your posts and am quite sad for your situation. Seems like moving out and splitting rent with a friend or girlfriend -- if you have either, but don't go looking for a girlfriend for this reason only -- is the clearest course of action.

Good luck! (*hug*)

17. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I tried to get her to see a therapist when i was in middle school and she made up lies about me to the therapist to get me in trouble . I also asked her to go on her own to get help but she never listens . I think it's best if I just leave

Thanks for the hug , Maybe I shouldn't put this type of pressure on a new girlfriend it's I just want to get out of this house soon I just down know how and i'm also worried i might not survive well on my own

18. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    You can only do is be sneaky... Play her game, buy her thing in your own initiative, and buy things formyourself, so she sees you spending money, so you can have the excuse of, oh i dont have anymore money when she ask you for some...but here is the catch, you are going to only buy things that are cheap and you are going to lie about the price, eveyr time you see some offert, you can use that for a gift, buy things and modify them and give it to her as a gift, buy buying multiple cheap things and a few not so cheap you might create the illusion of spending money while not spending as much as she thinks, or if you happen to earn more money you dont have to telll her you are winning more...

And even if slowly, you can make the amount of money you need, and BAM you move out of your house.

---------- Post added 22nd Jan 2014 at 04:54 AM ----------

And that might be the right moment to tell her everything you need to tell her, those things you dont dare telling her due to her threats. She might even need tought love..and tell her she needs a therapist urgently.

---------- Post added 22nd Jan 2014 at 04:55 AM ----------

I know lying is not awesome....but this situation requires extreme measures.

---------- Post added 22nd Jan 2014 at 04:58 AM ----------

Another idea: ask your dad and your uncle for money, not alot by the way, only a little, a little each month, slowly...

If you do all these things, all those thing simultaniousy can be of great help.

---------- Post added 22nd Jan 2014 at 04:59 AM ----------

I hope this is of help... Mantain us updated.... Good luck!

19. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks so much I'll try what you said .