1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The first time I have been called f*ggot

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The_Poets, Jan 21, 2014.

?

Have you been called a lgbtq slur in a negative way

1. yes

91 vote(s)
    65.9%
  2. no

47 vote(s)
    34.1%
  1. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    Today after finals I was waiting to be picked up and I by accidently bumped into another kid, I said sorry and as I was walking away the kid whispered f*ggot. The kid is well aware that I am gay and I used to know him fairly well.
    I was just wondering what was the first time you have been called F*G, or any other lgbtq slur, in a negative way?

2. 7eye

7eye Guest

I may have been called "gay" in a negative way a few times, but for some reason, I'm not necessarily affected by the fact that they think I look gay, but just really the general feeling of rejection.

The only reason why I may be a little homophobic is thanks to society, where I don't really put my hands on my hips, for instance, despite me sometimes walking with my arms like that of some character from a girl's TV show.

3. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, the goons who attend my school think homosexual slurs are the funniest fucking thing :grin:

4. Echoing

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hell, I can't even remember the first time. Maybe around age 11 or 12?
    I was called 'homo' and 'gay' and 'faggot' all through highschool, at least once a week. Because I was effiminate, delicate looking and had a very 'swishy' walk (I have very wide hips) everyone just assumed I was gay.

When I transitioned to female at work, there were a lot of slurs, like "the faggot in the dress" and "tranny" and such. I guess I've been called slurs most of my life.

5. 6th grade. I tapped a girl on the shoulder to ask her a question and she shoots back and says

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME YOU F**KING F*GGAOT!!!!!"

I was like...... Alrighty then.

6. Nikky DoUrden

I'm in the closet so no..
    Plus I don't look gay (I think).

Small bigots turn eventually into big bigots.. sorry u have to endure them (*hug*)

#6 Nikky DoUrden, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  7. SiberianHusky

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Went through a pals drive through and a kid I know from school wrote "I hate you queer bait." on the lid of my peachy tea.. ):

8. DrkRayne

First time was by my mother when she read through my journal and saw the things i had written about a girl. She called me a dyke.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Facebook got a hate message with an ex guy friend calling me a lesbo and carpet muncher

10. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Around ten, I think. Some kid spread a rumor that I had "grabbed" him from behind, and word got around the school that I was "after him". Things sort of escalated from there, and if I could go back in time, I'd have challenged those rumors and threats head-on, versus denying and overcompensating.

11. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been called faggot and queer a few times. I just brush it off, because I'm better than them, since I don't call people names. I've become numb to those words.

12. 70th City

I remember being called something like that when I was 9 or 10 by an older boy and his friends (this was at my first school). I knew they were trying to upset me, but I didn't understand what the word meant at the time. They may have been using it as a generic insult, or perhaps gay rumours had been spread about me? Kind of worrying.

I have yet to come out, so I haven't been slurred against since then to my knowledge.

13. sugarcubeigloo

Yup! Just walking down the street too, I've had "fag" shouted at me.

Thing is, I thought I passed for perfectly straight until a few isolated incidents. *shrugs* I'm not ashamed. But, not gonna lie, I was for sure nervous each time it happened.

I was at a party with a friend and we were called twinks in a derogatory way. Which, I don't understand (doesn't seem like an insult to me - or him, apparently, as we laughed it off). Although, it was definitely directed toward my friend - I was just twinked by association.:confused:

14. Echoing

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you :slight_smile:
    I haven't had it for many years now, so hopefully I've 'done my time'.

15. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In the closet.
    And I plan to stay that way.

16. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Never been called faggot, although I saw a boy in high school get called that, and queer, among other things I won't repeat, as he was getting beat up. I was pretty good at staying in the closet in high school. When I went to college I met a lot of gays and lesbians that were out of the closet, and I mistakenly thought that students in general were tolerant. That's the first time I was called a fu----- dyke and a carpet muncher (by another girl). The guy that first called me a dyke had been hitting on me just the day before, and I brushed him off. Someone must've said something to him I guess. He looked a little angry when he said it. It never really made me angry until my mother called my former partner the devil and a dyke bitch when she saw her picture. She was practically spitting from anger when she said it, and then I got angry too. My brother got between us, I guess he thought we were going to blows over it.

17. itsonlyrelative

When I was little my brother and I were asked to be in my aunt's wedding. I was going to be the flower girl and my brother was going to be the ring barer, but I really didn't want to wear the big dress so I asked my mom if I could wear a tux like my brother cause I thought it looked cool like a secret agent. My mom said that everyone would think she was raising me to be a dyke and that young ladies wore dresses to weddings. So I have never really been called a homophobic slur since I am closeted, but family and friends have called behaviors and ideas "dykey" or "gay" to discourage me from trying to do something. Thats one of the main reasons I have put of telling any of them.

18. C P

C P

As I'm in the closet, nope I haven't had any directed at me.

I've only heard it directed at others.

19. AlamoCity

I've never been called a slur. I suppose I can count my blessings.

20. Saint Otaku

I've received homophobic insults, but the insulters were ignorant of my sexuality.