1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow there are alot of gay men on this website

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChloeKiss, Jan 21, 2014.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Why are there so many gay men on here not many gay women? I mean there is heaps of gay women but wow there are lots of you gay guys! I don't have a problem with it it's just really surprising! Nice to meet you all! I'm Chloe :slight_smile:

2. Gia K

Out Status:
    Some people
    Nice to meet you too!

I'm also a bisexual girl with a strong preference for women. I guess it doesn't really matter in the end if there's more gay men or gay women, from what I've noticed so far, people are very friendly and welcoming, and that is what pretty much matters the most. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I agree! Is your name Gia? Pretty!

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah i've noticed this to but i don't know why really

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The gay men dominate the forum, which makes it less comfortable for others, which self-perpetuates to the point where we have mostly gay men here (at least with who posts regularly)

But yeah, hi Chloe. :slight_smile: Welcome to EC.

6. Gia K

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, it is. I also think Chloe is a beautiful name, but, please don't mind, it always makes me think of kitty because the first time I heard it was when I was little watching a cartoon that had cat named Chloe and I can't help involuntarily associating them every time I hear it since then.

7. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

It's weird 0_0

---------- Post added 21st Jan 2014 at 08:59 PM ----------

Okay then.. Hi. I really don't have a problem with it.. it just surprises me.. Girls are so damn cute! Where is the half/half on this site :lol: ah well nice to meet you :slight_smile: Fellow aussie!

8. Ticklish Fish

sometimes when i read threads I see a lot of women on the left side if they show orientation....

you just gotta either make a thread to roll call females or look for them when they reply to threads :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I find that funny :slight_smile: Doesn't bother me at all :icon_wink

---------- Post added 21st Jan 2014 at 09:03 PM ----------

Alright thank you for your input! :slight_smile: I shall do that in the future :lol:

10. Saint Otaku

Not to mention reports showing in general most internet users to be male, most out as non-hetero people to be male, empirical stuff like that.

Anyhow, welcome to you, and I'll try and not make you too uncomfortable (*hug*)

#10 Saint Otaku, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  11. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I noticed not much of them are here late at night lesbian women that is

12. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Martin goes over that (and more) on this post.

13. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Okay thanks everyone for replying!

14. angel626

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Couldn't be true on that fact but I do say they offer some really great advice, of course the girls do too. Anyway welcome to EC, you've come to a great place for advice or to just chat, so with that being said I hope you love it as much as I do.

15. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What?
    How does that even work?
    [​IMG]

16. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

It's the internet. Generally speaking, most people who post on internet forums have penises.

Anyway I disagree entirely with the above claim that gay men "dominate the forum, which makes it less comfortable for others". This forum is open to anyone of any sex or gender identity or sexual orientation. Any member of the LGBTQ community is free to join, in fact even straight people may join. A lot of gay men have chosen to join the forum. If you want more women on the forum, well, it's up to women to choose to join the forum.

And again, most internet users tend to be male, probably because a higher percentage of males tend to be the anti-social awkward types who prefer to spend their time on internet forums rather than interacting with live people. Males happen to be 15 times more likely than females to have Asperger's or high-functioning autism, a group which is very overrepresented on the internet since Aspies struggle with live social interaction. As a child I was diagnosed as 'borderline' Aspie and with social anxiety internet forums have made up the majority of my life's social interaction since I was 12 years old.

The implication of your post is that too many gay men have joined this forum. I don't think some closeted gay male teen living in rural Mississippi who stumbles upon this forum should read your post and be made to feel unwelcome and decide not to join out of fear of 'dominating' the forum and making it uncomfortable for others.

Personally I don't really think the imbalance between men and women is quite as severe as the OP makes it out to be, there are plenty of women on this forum. Are there any statistics or figures that would support the claim that there is some severe imbalance of men to women?

And in any event, if you're a lesbian woman (or just a woman in general really), gay men are the 'safe' men to be around, every girl these days wants a "gay best friend". If you think there aren't enough women here, well, you've made one small step toward balancing the sexes by joining the forum, now just get all your girlfriends to join. :grin:

17. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I agree and they seem so nice I have a good gay male friend and he is like paradise to talk to.. I can be really open with him it's just sad to see him single.. but that's why we are great for eachother we are both single as a pringle ha! so we relate.

I already love this site.. Loved it before I signed up.

---------- Post added 21st Jan 2014 at 09:49 PM ----------

Haha :slight_smile: You made me laugh. :lol:

---------- Post added 21st Jan 2014 at 09:50 PM ----------

---------- Post added 21st Jan 2014 at 09:55 PM ----------

Holy shit I feel like a nasty person now :frowning2: You are very smart! No I wasn't trying to scare the gay guys off! You guys are cute (no not in that way silly!).. I'm just confused is all. It's sad reading some of the questions on here to do with coming out.. some people have really horrible experiences.. I think an apology from me is owed to you all. If I have offended pretend my face is your pillow! ha! :lol:

#17 ChloeKiss, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  18. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think a lot of women feel alone here, and I'm sorry for that. It's a very male-concentrated site.

But there's still strong community for women here.

19. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You know my pain I feel so lonely here and in real life :tears:

20. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, I don't know your pain, but I care.

Are you a feminine lesbian, by any chance? I hear that's another way to feel really alone.

I remember one of my queer women friends complaining bitterly that she's read as straight because she's feminine and doesn't conform to the butch stereotype. I've also read some articles indicating that feminine lesbians often feel alienated from or on the outside of the lesbian scene.

So I wonder if many of you ladies feel completely alienated or unwanted.

And that's not cool either.