1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever met a famous person ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pane123, Jan 23, 2014.

1. pane123

pane123 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I have, I was an extra in a tv show called EastEnders, if you look at an episode from about 6 years ago you can see some of my hair and my ear in the background. I saw loads of the famous cast members.

2. DrkRayne

A few bands when I had backstage passes.
    Miss USA, Rima Fakih...and that was it.

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not exactly. A few politicians and senior diplomats (who are well known, but definitely not famous), and my old music teacher's now moderately famous in Australia.

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Loads...but then I used to go to lots of conventions and things so really that was the whole point!

5. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Back in high school my father and I found out Terry Goodkind (a fantasy author) was hosting a party down in Vegas. We're both huge fans so we signed up immediately. Very fun - extremely kind guy! Although to what extent he's considered "famous" would probably vary by person.

And I probably can't count Brent Musberger? (I can't imagine many people on here even know who he is).

Other than that the only people I can think of are politicians - so, "famous"? Idk...
    Didn't meet them because I wanted to either. In fact I rather despised all but one of them.

6. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A high school classmate of mine had a recurring role on a sitcom for a couple years. His grandparents were my wife's landlords after she first escaped her evil ex-husband, and we would run into him in the hall from time to time. Once or twice clad only in a towel. Mmmm. He has since done a rather intense documentary film that was very well-received.

I also met Jon Pertwee (3rd Doctor Who) at a convention many years ago that I attended on a whim. In Tacoma, WA, of all places. He was a magnificently tall and imposing guy. He walked in the room and someone yelled "Jon, you look marvelous!" He turned around, straightened himself up to what looked like 8 feet tall, and remarked jovially, "I AM mahvelouth." To die for.

#6 Choirboy, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  7. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Bill Cosby, the King of Jordan, Milla Jovovich, and David Letterman

---------- Post added 23rd Jan 2014 at 04:36 PM ----------

I know him, love the sword of truth series.

8. Sitri

Does one of the Doolittle Raiders count as a famous person?

#8 Sitri, Jan 23, 2014
  9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A few Congressmen, Former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm, saw California Governor Jerry Brown while I was in Santa Rosa, CA, NFL players Zoltan Mesko, Ryan Mallett, Steve Breaston, Brandon Minor, Braylon Edwards, and former Colts RB Mike Hart, former NFL player and current WMU head coach P.J. Fleck, actor Mark L. Wahlberg, one actress, a couple comedians, as well as Michigan head coaches Bo Schembechler, Lloyd Carr, and Rich Rodriguez.

---------- Post added 23rd Jan 2014 at 04:41 PM ----------

Pretty much anyone who watches sports in America knows who Muffburger is, but he's not that famous.

Good evening everyone and welcome to the BCS National Championship game. I'm Kirk Herbstreit, alongside Brent Musberger.

-Brent Musberger

10. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never said he was intellectually brilliant - But I did prefer him to his broadcasting partner of the day, Bob Knight. :lol:

11. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a friend that met Gareth Gates, she claimed he stood on her foot. Also that she was pregnant with his child and they were getting married soon. It might've seemed real to her and she didn't seem to be joking. I said invite me to the wedding and mostly listened to her talk. She knew almost everything about her idol and sometimes she drew pictures of him. One day she stopped talking about him altogether and it was something else. It was highly entertaining but I hope she got better. I've probably met a few famous people but I forgot.

12. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well not anyone famous but I've known fashion models, and politicians.

13. Emberblaze

I WANT to meet Ellen Degeneres... :'(

Heh but anyways, my mom got asked out by Shaq before he was all famous and stuff. UNFORTUNATELY she was married to my dad and pregnant with me at the time >:/

14. Skov

I was going up the escalator at the Mall of America last year and there were a bunch of security guards in front of me and I couldn't figure out why. Anyways, it turns out that Kevin James was literally like 5 stairs ahead of me on the escalator and I didn't realize it till I got off. He was at the mall promoting his new movie or something.

I also saw Sarah Palin there on a different day, but I didn't want to wait in line to meet her.

#14 Skov, Jan 23, 2014
  15. leer

few footballers Garry Megson dad was at school with Jarvis cocker'' lead singer with pulp'' he swears he was. met a few shameless actors tv show recorded some of the show near the school I was @.

16. Bolin

I've been in very close proximity to Dolly Parton at Dollywood before. I've actually met and spoken to Vic Mignogna, Maxey Whitehead, Todd Haberkorn, and J. Michael Tatum (I'm even his Facebook friend, even though I never talk to him, heh.). The latter four are famous voice actors in the anime/gaming business.

17. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mick Foley and I were guests at the same wedding.

18. Hopeful

I've been to see KT Tunstall and Natalie MacMaster in concert. I got Natalie's autograph after her show, too. I saw Tamora Pierce give a speech and I got her autograph afterwards. The other famous type person that I'm not sure I actually met, but was in the same room with and very close to, was John Lynch.

19. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I met Jimmy Fallon! I went to a taping of his show a few years back. It was awesome!

20. yeah. well if by met you mean awkwardly put your arms out at lewis watson so he hugged you, forgetting that he didnt actually know you then yeah. not my finest moment.

spoke to callum beattie once at a gig aswell, he isnt that famous but hes a nice guy!

nearly accidently met the 1975 a few months back aswell. i just followed these two guys cuz i didnt know where i was goign for the gig and i overheard them talking about it so i followed them and ended up in a super short line with about 4 other poeple. then realised i was standing outside there tour bus 'waiting till they came out' instead of the actual gig venue.

saw kimberly anne once not at her own gig and didnt want to say excuse me to her so awkwardly tried to squeeze past her :|

m so awkward.
    :frowning2: