1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tricky questions to figure out someone's orientation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MidnightWinds, Jan 24, 2014.

1. We've all been there - proof of which are the numerous cases here in the EC. That person that you find attractive, but whose sexuality you're not aware of. Usually, the advice is to ask them directly or to make indirect questions that quickly lead to direct questions, such as "That's a hot guy/girl, don't you think so?" or "Have you ever dated (someone of the person's own gender)?"
    With my *ahem* first love, it started with "How do you feel about those yaoi/yuri (gay/lesbian) mangas?", which then led to "Hey, look at that couple of girls kissing. Don't they look cute together?" and to... "Hey, I like girls, you know?"
    Though I don't really know how to ask these things to any other people... Oh, bother...
    So, what are you tricky questions to get to know about what kind of person that wonderful being is attracted to? :icon_wink

2. Purplefrog

Purplefrog Guest

Oh gosh, I'm so useless at this. I guess I will subtly ask about their previous relationships (although of course that doesn't ultimately always mean anything). Then if that fails, I will try and covertly ask people who know them. If that fails, tell them you're gay and see how they react. Or if everything else fails, just casually ask them, "so you're gay, right?" :icon_wink

3. setnyx

i'm not one for tricky questions, i would probably just watch their body language when in lesbian / gay company. then again i may have missed a few opportunities.

4. QueerQueen

Usually if I become friends with someone or talk to someone, I tell them about my sexuality, a lot of times my friends tell their friends I'm a lesbian when being introduced. If I told them myself I would try to gauge their reaction or ask if their okay with it. Most of the time I just observe their body language and if I feel a vibe or not. The first person I came out to I forgot how but before I did we somehow got onto the topic of two girls and she said that she had done minor things with girls on dares, and I said that I had too so when it came time to come out to her she told me she already knew

5. PurpleGrey

I hadn't thought of that, fishing for clues through questions. Which is weird considering I have seen that Arielle vid on YouTube where she alludes to doing so.

I really don't know what sort of thing to ask a girl. Sports? Screw it, I'll just go after girls with short nails.

6. Mysz

Ask her her bra size and see if she blushes.
    Nah, I'm not too good at coming up with them beforehand, I have to create a situation in which I can fish for info first. Casual girl's night out, maybe.

7. Krilky

Krilky Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    OK here's what you do.

Walk up to them and then as loudly and awkwardly as possible yell "ARE YOU HOMOSEXUAL OR BISEXUAL BECAUSE I AM AS WELL"

or if you want you can come out to them and they'll probably tell you if they are in a similar situation. But that's more of a wimpy option imo

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your a real jokester aren't ya :grin:
    good advice though I did that with a coworker and found out she likes women too