1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bracelets.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by thesharkamander, Jan 24, 2014.

1. thesharkamander

Your thoughts on bracelets?

Sharkamanders are quite fond of them.
    They just can't decide whether to wear all fourteen on one wrist or seven on each.

2. Emulator

:lol:

I'm neutral, but I usually don't wear them unless I'm highly supportive of what they imply.

3. sandshoes

I love bracelets! :slight_smile: I make friendship bracelets for with different patterns and colours I like. Love stacking ones too, but I guess I don't really know if you should wear them all on one wrist or not ... Ummm, maybe whatever looks best with the outfit?

Also, is it okay to go crazy with the colours a bit? Is it okay if they don't match each other or the clothes?

4. thesharkamander

*shrugs* A lot of mine don't match each other so I'd say do whatever makes you happy. I just rearrange them until they look right.

5. sandshoes

Yeah, that's pretty much what I do too. I just thought I'd ask if anyone had some interesting thoughts about it, haha

6. binda94

i have one for my dad that i wear has his name and birthday on it and i wear 2 wristbands one black and white the other red and yellow

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wear 5 rubber bracelets. I have one for the Gay Games in 2014, one for Columbus pride, one for end bullying, and 2 that are from the ally training at my college. I had a 6th one, but I'm not sure what happened to it..

8. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wear a watch and I also have 3 rubber bracelets. I also have a Gay Games bracelet, one that says, "Peace means... Shalom, Salaam, Peace, and the third one is for the Remember our Children Event, that I found while rototilling my garden. I also have a 4th one, for Save a Child's heart that one of my friends has had for around a month now.

I have a few others, including an amethyst one, but I normally do not wear them.

9. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like bracelets. I wear a rainbow bracelet and a friendship bracelet from my BFF.

10. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wear quite a few bracelets most of the time, usually supporting causes or memories. I have 4 on right now; one is for a local organization for teens to speak their minds; one is for a walk to prevent suicide; one is for a leadership conference with my mantra on it: "ATTITUDE. COURAGE. GOALS." It's from RYLA, if anyone here has gone to one. The last one is a Harry Potter one from Hot Topic: "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." I used to have several others before they broke, including one from my school, a Soft Kitty one, a Glee one, a Hunger Games one, and a TWLOHA one. I don't cut anymore, but I do still feel more secure when my arms and wrists are covered. So they stand for things I care about and help with my insecurity of exposing my wrists.

11. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like bracelets. I've only ever worn the rubber ones with sayings on them though.
    I want a new pride one.
    The last one I wore while digging some poison ivy out and got oil all over it, so that kinda got nixed. :/

Might buy a new one, but I can't wear them at school so maybe there's no point. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. thesharkamander

Can't wear them to school?
    My school doesn't have rules for jewelry, as long as it's not like ~gang-related~ or whatever. Like you can have piercings all over your face and bracelets up your whole arm and whatever else as long as your shirt and pants fit the dress code.

13. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm more into making bracelets now than I've been in quite a while. It was therapeutic in the hospital, so I'm picking it up again, especially working with twine and hemp.

14. AtticusJohn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to wear a watch and a bracelet but now they're too small and I lack any motivation whatsoever to make them fit my wrist

15. CandyCutes

Out Status:
    A few people
    Bracelets are one of my favorite accessories, next to necklaces and rings. You can find a bracelet for every outfit!

16. AlamoCity

The only bracelet I have besides the rainbow rubber band one my sister made me (not because I'm gay but because she went through a "let's-make-rubber-band-bracelets phase") is a yellow Livestrong rubber bracelet I got when I ran the Livestrong Austin Half Marathon.

That said, I'm not really a fan of guys wearing bracelets. It doesn't look "right" to me if they're the "jewelry" kind (e.g. made of precious metals/gemstones). Materials that are more "masculine" like leather, rope, rubber, and other elements can look good on guys, though.

Girls can get away with more in the accessories department :lol:.

17. Anaru

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I actually make my own paracord bracelets (and necklaces).

I have a bracelet for just about every possible outfit.. c:

This is one of my favorites!
    [​IMG]

P.S. If anyone is interested, I might be willing to take bracelet commissions. I usually charge $5+shipping (only ~$2 in the US).

18. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I like them! But every time I buy a nice one it seems to break or get lost in a few weeks.

19. Hexagon

Seven on each

20. Rainbow Girl

I have one that says "HEADSTRONG" which the name of a charity for brain and head injury research and awareness that was started by a member of my local major junior hockey team who missed two seasons after suffering major concussion and fractured skull. He's been back for almost three years now and he's the team captain and my favourite player so I wear the bracelet to the game every week - I have seasons tickets - as a good luck token.