1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Australia Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hazza, Jan 24, 2014.

1. hazza

It is that time of the year again where Australia day is upon us. What will you all be doing tomorrow and most importantly - what song do you think will be number 1 on the Hottest 100?

I'm working from midnight until 6am tonight (technically falls on Australia day) and then 11pm until 3am. In between I'm going to a few mates' BBQs and of course will be tuning in to the Hottest 100 constantly. The joy of it being Sunday tomorrow means Monday is a public holiday as well so for work tonight and tomorrow night I'm looking forwards to the $40 an hour I will be earning due to public holiday pay!

For the countdown, I think Lorde has got it in the bag with Royals.

2. awesomeap88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Unfortunately I don't have a prediction for the Hottest 100. I simply don't listen to enough modern music to be able to predict something.

As for my Australia Day, I believe my ex is planning a trip to Ikea. I know how dreadfully unpatriotic that sounds, going to a Swedish furniture store on Australia's national day (we should be going somewhere like Le Cornu), but I'm pretty sure he knows that we can get exactly what we need (want?) for the right price at Ikea.

3. AtticusJohn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably reading my books for school and trying desperately to get myself organised for the new school year. My family doesn't really celebrate Australia Day, it just seems sort of pointless.

4. Munyal

I'm pumped for Australia Day! I'm not doing much. I have an academic team tournament.

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I doubt I'll do anything to acknowledge it. I never really do.

6. Nicholas1991

Im on night shift till 6 as well - yay public holiday rates! :slight_smile: im not doing anything - people look at me like i have two heads when i tell them i dont drink. Cause', you know, this is aws-tray-lya and all...

7. Beantown

Beantown Guest

This year isn't going to be any fun, my boyfriend is making me spend Australia day with his family. I want to get drunk. :icon_sad:

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy Australia Day, dear friends of the "sunburnt country"!