1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do u think a twenty yr old grl should do in her life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosepetal, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi ive recently turned 20 and i have no idea what i should as a 20 yr old ,i still feel like a teenager even tho im not 19,17,16 anymore. Am i a kid or an adult? Id like advice from ppl in there 30s,20s,40s bc i feel they have more wisdom than i do

2. KiddlesP

I still feel like a teen too… then again perhaps I acted more as a mature teen when I was in my teenage years (ugh… now I sound old)? What should you do? Well nothing special, unless there is something special you want to do… there are no set rules (to my knowledge). If you want to do something, well do something that tickles your fancy.

3. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Enjoy being young and only 20, soon you'll be old like me!

Just live your life however you see fit, don't worry about whether people will perceive you as a "kid" or an "adult". I'm 23 and often get treated like a teenager, but it doesn't matter. Of course older people will probably have more wisdom- though not always- since they have more experience.

The number of your age though isn't necessarily a predictor of maturity.

There are 18-year-olds who are married with children...whereas at 23 I don't feel like have anywhere near the level of maturity to get married, having children would be unthinkable.

Each person develops at their own rate, don't let other people get you down if you don't feel like you are mature enough.

4. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you :slight_smile: im going back to school now my depression is lifting nd in march ima start working :slight_smile: i really want a nice apartment but i cant afford it right now it sucks lol

5. katwat

Old woman reply. I am 45 and I still have moments that I feel the way I did in my 20s (teen years sucked for me so guess my mind skips them) I also have times I feel about a hundred. Age is a number. It is unimportant. Being mature when you need to be responsible and relaxing and being goofy when you get to is more important than that dreaded "acting your age." My daughter is 12 and she and I have more fun together than either of us have with anyone else unless it is my mother who is 77 or my hubby who is 42.

If you are going to school or have a job then you need to be mature and responsible related to them. You need to be safe in your play (harping old woman remember? LOL) because you have a lot of life ahead so protect yourself so it is a good one. Other than that have fun and enjoy being young. Trust me, time FLIES and suddenly you are worrying about mortgage or rent and all the other bills and crud that adults get stuck with. Falling apart physically is no darn fun either.

6. jargon

I'd say a little of both is about right. Children play because by interacting with the world, they learn valuable lessons about it that will help guide them through the rest of their lives.

By the same token, being in your early 20s you're probably starting to do some more adult things, even though you don't yet have the certainty, stability and responsibility that you will when you're older. Its kind of like the jobs you have, the relationships you're in and the responsibilities you take on are a 20 year olds way of "playing" with the big guns that are adults everyday lives. So what should you be doing? In my opinion, it doesn't matter too much, as long as its something you haven't done before.

7. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my mom and my grandma want to be in their early 30s and 20s is that how u feel?

8. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Do something that you like, but it should be productive.
    Making things is fun and the things you make can make a profit if they are good enough.
    I don't know how colleges work... Did you pick a major already?

9. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yes anatomy nd physiology but i need to do my prerequisites.

---------- Post added 25th Jan 2014 at 12:57 AM ----------

ur not old ur soo cute! if i was a gay boy id soo date u ! :slight_smile:thnk u 4 the advice sigh i wish i was 19-20 forever yknow?

10. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

I'm approaching 40 and I still feel like a teen, or even little kid on the inside. Everything in life is so terrifying and intimidating, I just have to force myself out there and play my adult role until I get home at night. I just wish there was someone at home to hold me and tell me it will be all right. :frowning2:

11. justjade

Honestly, honey, I'm 25, and I still don't feel grown up. I'm married. I've been to (and dropped out of) college twice. I've been divorced before. I pay bills. I have a pretty steady job. However, I still don't feel like I "get it". I recently watched Step Brothers, and when Will Ferrell's character was asking his therapist how you be an adult, I was just thinking, "Oh my god, that's me!"

What you should be doing, I think, is whatever the hell you want (within reason). Find yourself! Enjoy your life! Don't be afraid to make mistakes because you will learn from them. I wish someone would have told me that when I was your age. In fact, I'm still waiting for someone to tell me that.

As Taylor Swift said when she was turning 20--and I promise, this will ring true for all the young people here--"I will always know more later than I do now". Best of luck. :slight_smile:

12. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just be patient with yourself. If you'd asked me when I was 20 how I thought my life would be at 26, I would've been right about a lot of things but wrong about a lot too. And that's ok.

13. 7eye

7eye Guest

Move country if you hate where you're living; this is what I'm considering.

14. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ooh ur ftm like my bf! nd u didnt graduate college?

15. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Aww well thank you. :slight_smile:

And yeah I wish I was 19-20 forever too! But right now I'd settle for just being 23 forever. Or even just to keep looking young forever, even if that I means I still need to be IDed 20 years from now!

"Age" is just an artificial, socially constructed number. It works as a general guideline, but there is no biological law that says that two human beings who have been on this earth for the same number of years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, seconds will be identical in terms of development.

Our "years" (365 days in a year) are based on the time it takes for the earth to revolve around the sun, they're not based on human biology. (The ideas of there being 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, etc. are also based on ancient civilizations' astronomical observations using a completely different number system than we use today). So our whole concept of "time" is based on astronomy, not human biology.

So saying you are "20 years old" just means you've been on this earth long enough for the earth to have revolved around the sun 20 times. Our society has general expectations for what someone who has been alive for that amount of time should look and act like, but it is not necessarily a precise measure of what stage of development you are in physically and mentally.

16. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    are u in school?

17. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Have fun make new friends

18. WiggleToe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just as Rakkaus and justjade have said before, here another 'old fool' (I'm 24) who doesn't feel that 'old' at all yet.

When turning 20 it feels like a major change because like you said, you're not a teen anymore. It's just a mental fuck as how I see it. In the end it's just numbers, while they way you feel is based on your life experience, maturity, way you feel, give it a name. Just try to enjoy it to the fullest and don't rush through your life :icon_wink

19. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i really want an apartment ugh its january nd nobody is hiring ugh i bet u have an apartment all 24 or 23 yr old have 1 right?

20. WiggleToe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeahhh I do get your desire of an apartment. I'm living at some student resident thing shit. Which is nice when you've no budget but it's all temporary (I have to move out during the summer and all and after that I've nothing for I probably can't come back).
    Keep on looking and hope that you'll find a place you can hire. Do you know whether it'll get better in a few months or will it stay difficult?