1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alien life.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Skaros, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Do you believe in alien life? Do you believe that life exists outside the solar system we are trapped in? What is your opinion/thoughts about extraterrestrial life?

I believe there is alien life forms on other planets. I, however, don't believe they come to Earth. (I'm intrigued by the Rosewell incident though). There's billions are stars in the universe. Even if only a fraction of those stars have planets around them, there's still many possible habitats for life. Even if it as simple as a bacterium, it still holds the potential for millions upon millions of years of evolution, to form a species comparable to human beings.

2. Nikky DoUrden

There is high probability that alien life exists, many scientists believes it.
    But not green-looking men with two arms, two legs, bloated belly and huge head with big black eyes.... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

More like bacterias ^^

As you said there are many planets out there, so there might be life forms but not neceserily intelligent or ones that can communicate with us.

3. Techno Kid

My thoughts exactly, I think it would be very unlikely for there not to be other intelligent life in the universe.

4. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

With the universe being as massive as it is, its hard to imagine that we are alone.

I love the thought that aliens have/are coming here but there isnt ever any good evidence. I love the stories though, especially the Rosewell one.

5. Kinger

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There would have to be some form of life out there as there are so many planets and the universe is vast

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any estimate we can give is too conservative in favor of "no." What I mean by that is I am all but certain they are out there. If we can refrain from blowing ourselves up or going extinct by some other way, I believe we can get out there and contact them*. Come to think of it, scientists just confirmed the existence of liquid water on Europa recently. That bodes very well that there is at least microbial life in our own backyard.

*I don't anticipate that we'll find intelligent life for a VERY long time, but I read from Richard Dawkins first about something called the anthropic principle: Basically, humans were created at least once. Why shouldn't it be possible for intelligence to develop elsewhere in countless places?

#6 Argentwing, Jan 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  7. gaymersofter

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well astronomers do say their are many "earth like" plannets out their. I mean at least one of them has to have some form of life on it, in some form or another. Earth can't be the only one to luck out and have life.

8. Hexagon

Yeah. There are almost certainly alien life forms elsewhere in the universe, both simple and complex. There may even be simple life forms, such as bacteria, elsewhere in the solar system, or evidence of it once having existed. I hope so. Of course, I don't believe any of it has come to earth.

I hope one day we could contact intelligent beings, but I won't get my hopes up. The constraints of technology and the speed of light make it pretty difficult.

9. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's statistically probably that some form of life exists, but I don't imagine we'll ever come into contact with it.

10. Hopeful

I think there's alien life forms out there in some shape or form, but probably nothing we can imagine or might be so different from us that we'd overlook it if we had the chance to happen upon us.

11. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes.
    We probably shouldn't waste money trying to find them, though. They're probably very far away.
    Who knows what they're like? Would they look scaly or furry or slimy or what? How intelligent would they be? The possibilities are endless.

12. Foster

I think aliens are out there somewhere. Have they visited earth? Probably not. Do they know we exist? Maybe. You never know, maybe there are people out there who have more advanced technology than us.

13. Skyline

Given the number of planets out there, the probability seems high. As for what they might look like, or how many may be as complex as us, we have no basis to even make a guess. We have no idea how random evolution is; it could be amazingly different for each world, or it could always tumble down a similar path. Either way, I believe someday people from this world will find out, given the rate we are advancing at.

14. AlamoCity

"Life" in the universe outside of our planet at this point in time? Probably.

"Intelligent life" (besides us :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) capable of acknowledging when it is in the presence of other advanced species (e.g. us) having existed at one point in the past, currently in the present, or in the future in the timeline of the universe? Perhaps.

"Intelligent life" having lived concurrently with human civilization and be able to solve the logistics of "reaching us" in time to be in our planet and at a point in humanity's short timeline and have the luck and technology to "discover us?" Slim to none.

Of course, that's my take on the subject matter.

15. Strathclyder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's possible, as the Universe is insurmountably massive and we've barely even scratched the surface in terms of exploration. There has to be other intelligent lifeforms out there somewhere.

16. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been told our solar system is relatively young compared to the other stars in this galaxy, and since there's so many other galaxies, the mathematical chances of humans being the only life forms are very remote.

"I can't help thinking that somewhere in the universe there has to be something better than man. Has to be." Planet of the Apes

17. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    To believe that we are the only life forms in the universe is just foolish.

18. justjade

Well, tardigrades can survive in space for a long time, so I don't see why not. I do believe it's out there, but as far as full-fledged aliens, I'm not so sure.

19. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    we are trapped in the solar system until they figure out how to bend space. i bet its going to be more simple than we thought once its created.

20. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty sure they know how to warp space. It just requires exotic matter (repelled by gravity), which we don't have. After that point it's only a matter of providing sufficient power to the ship (and figuring out a navigation system to keep a course through warp space, but that's beyond my ability to comprehend lol).