1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The hardest thing is seeing the one you love with someone else.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by toushirojaylee, Jan 25, 2014.

1. toushirojaylee

Nothing hurts more than watching the one you love, the one you want so bad, be in love? with someone else and all you can do is sit there and watch and pretend everythings alright.

I think one of the hardest thing in the world, is seeing the only one you've ever loved with someone else. It's been a 2 or 3 weeks since I've posted here, but I'm so broken hearted again today, I just thought I'd say what I feel. My ex talked to me today (after 2-3 weeks) and we decided to be friends again on facebook. I noticed the one and only love of my life is now with someone else. (via fb pics) Her name is Michelle, and we have not been together for a long time. 2 years to be exact. So, she found someone new and is going on with her life. (I'm here stuck, still hoping) I tried looking into other girls since we broke up, but it just wasn't the same. Mich and I were together most of the time. She was just the only girl who ever gave me those weird feelings. It's amazing how you can feel sparks just by when someone touches your hand. She was just so loving, caring, accepting, and most of all not judgemental. To her, I was just this nice guy who was so good to people, and would never hurt a fly. So we ended up breaking up in May of 2013.(and we've been on and off until january 2014) Ever since then I have been regretting mistakes I've done, and I've been wanting her back. A few times around, I honestly thought we were going to get back together. But ever since she got together with this guy (who is her officemate)she doesn't talk to me anymore, pretty much ignores me, since I still kind of have strong feelings for this girl, right now I feel cheated on, broken hearted and betrayed, like how could she do this to me. The day we had closure she said to me "I love you..only you..and I will never love this way again." and now I see her pictures with that guy, and it just tears me apart. :bang:

Most people tell me that I should get over her but its really hard. Everyone tells me that I am really young and that I will find someone special again, but sometimes I just don't believe it anymore. I'm not the most attractive guy in the world, which is one reason why I guess I don't get many dates. And no matter how lovely a girl looks, I still cannot look at her the same way I did with my ex. It's still her who I am longing for..

I don't know how to end this..as of the moment..I'm still stuck. I don't know if I should move on with us being friends, go with the flow of us loving each other even if she's not with me anymore or just move on with my life without her.

(again, our issue was, parents wants her to settle down with a guy.)

PS: I'm dying inside.

I'm so sorry to vent out guys..hope you understand..
    Oh yes. I am great pretender. (pretending not to be hurt) :tears:

2. KWDBM

Do you think it would be *possible* to move on and be friends with her? Unfortunately, especially when there are still feelings on one side, being just friends doesn't always work. Goodness knows I tried. From what I read I'd be concerned about it become a never-ending circle; You still have feelings for her so you want to at least stay friends, but being friends and keeping in touch means those feelings aren't fading.

Sometimes it does take time, more time then you'd expect, to really get over someone. Especially with "closure" like you had... I unfortunately had that experience to. Last time I actually spoke to my ex she told me she still loved me, but couldn't speak with me anymore. That "door cracked but not really" feeling makes it even harder to actually move on. But it seems like it's been long enough that you certainly shouldn't be waiting around. Heal your wounds, talk it out, write about it, acknowledge the realities, and try to slowly start letting go.

/2cents

3. toushirojaylee

*I agree. Feelings will stay as it is. And yeah it will be a never ending cycle. It's hard being friends and seeing her with someone else. (though she said they were only friends, still she's giving time to this guy so it means there's something special) :icon_sad:

*I'll try my best to move on..really..I'm so tired being an option..If only she can fight for us..if only she will choose me again..Thank you for listening..(*hug*)

4. anonomous

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i know how you feel, this girl i love has a guy, if i see him so much look at her, tears come to my eyes.

5. Bolin

I know how you feel. Literally everyone one I've fallen in love with found someone soon after I realized my attraction to them. Even when I broke up with my ex, he immediately got with someone else, so I had to deal with those residual feelings while knowing he was with someone else. I wish I could give you some advice about how to move on faster, but unfortunately, it just takes time to heal. (*hug*)

6. toushirojaylee

same here.. :icon_sad: (*hug*)

---------- Post added 27th Jan 2014 at 06:30 AM ----------

Im sorry to hear that.. (*hug*) but it's true, it'll take time..:icon_sad:

7. toushirojaylee

She told me one bad reaction she will end it all..It means even if I'm hurting I cannot complain, I cannot be jealous and I cannot talk to her about the other guy. I'm so f*cking broken. All I ever did was to love her and I don't think I deserve this. :-(

8. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Watching the person you love with someone else may be the hardest thing, but it can also be the best thing that you will ever get to see.

9. toushirojaylee

Hopefully..(*hug*)

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know exactly how you feel I've been there

11. toushirojaylee

Yeah..and I hope we'll be fine soon..(*hug*)

12. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Getting over somebody is always hard, and as others have said, it will take some time. But you will eventually. When you get thoughts of and about her, when you get to the point where your mind just thinks about 'what you have lost' try to shift your thoughts by taking in the sights and sounds around you. Call a friend and just ask if you can spend some time with them, pursue your hobby(-ies).

When you are spending time with a friend, don't talk about her, don't talk about what happened, what you have lost. Instead, talk about what you want to do next -which can be, wanting to be single for a while, making new friends, going to the movies, or doing anything that you like doing. This will help in starting to shift your thoughts.

No worries, though. You will find somebody with whom you will fall in love again. (*hug*)

13. toushirojaylee

Thank you Mirko (*hug*) I'm working on being busy as of the moment..and I don't text or call her a lot..I'm starting to change..I don't want her to be my priority anymore cause she's just making me an option. Seems unfair to me. I'm spending time with my friends and enjoying my time doing things and becoming a better man. Time will come, I will finally let her go..move on and enjoy life without her..It's hard now but I think I can do it soon. (*hug*)

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think we will it just takes time and you may find a way better girl in the future

15. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    the girl I liked started dating the guy I liked, I should start a matchmaking business.

16. toushirojaylee

Hopefully..(*hug*)

---------- Post added 28th Jan 2014 at 07:43 AM ----------

:eek: can you help me find a match?just kidding..sorry to hear about that..maybe it was just a coincidence.

17. QueerQueen

I've been in this situation and I know it really sucks, the girl that I was with moved on and started liking other people while I was still really into her, she told me too which hurt, but at least she was being honest. We decided to be friends but our conversations became less and less frequent until we only talked maybe once a week. I still wished her a happy birthday when it came to that, and a year passed by and then at the start of 2013 out of nowhere we started talking again and now we talk every day and have mutual feelings towards each other.

I guess you never know what will happen in the future, but I'm glad your moving on or at least making the steps towards it, it's an incredibly hard thing to do.

18. toushirojaylee

I'm still hoping that one day she will come back in my arms..or in the future maybe..who knows..but as of the moment the only choice that I have is to move on..:icon_sad: best wishes to both of you..:slight_smile:

19. toushirojaylee

We spent tues night, wednesday (whole day), and thursday together. Tues night she slept over at my house, wed I slept over in their house. Thursday we stayed at their house. I don't know it's very complicated. She still loves me, but she will never come back to me and she chose to move on to this new guy. Guy is courting her but they have mutual feelings already and she's falling for the guy. AGAIN PARENTS WANTS HER TO SETTLE DOWN WITH A GUY SO I THINK PRESSURE IS ON HER THAT'S WHY SHE CHOSE TO BE WITH THIS GUY INSTEAD OF ME. So right now..the only choice I have is to move on, even if we still both love each other. The end of our story. :'-(