1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any EC Asians here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by anthonythegamer, Jan 26, 2014.

1. It's going to be my one year anniversary of being an EC member :eusa_danc

Over my experiences on EC, I've connected with many people, but sometimes, I feel a bit alone since I'm one of the very few LGBT Asians here. So far, I only know about four, one of them isn't on EC anymore and two are inactive, but I'm curious to find out if there are more EC Asians on here. I don't know if there was a thread asking this question before, so I apologize in advance.

I'm Chinese and Vietnamese, living here in Cali.

2. Bolin

Congrats on your one-year anniversary. :slight_smile: I'm not Asian, but everyone online mistakes me as Asian before finally seeing what I look like. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Gen

Gen

Really? There are quite a number of Asian members on the site. Certainly all non-Caucasian ethnicities are going to be minorities in some sense because the majority of the user base comes from Canada, U.S., and the UK and the racial backgrounds of all members will proportionally align with those areas. Not to mention, most members don't post pictures of themselves and many of the ones that do make them only open to friends. So, that could cause you to miss them as well.

It is also important to remember that because of the way each of us has been influenced by society, we naturally default race as Caucasian. When we read a book and the characters race or skin tone is left unspecified, we will subconsciously assume them to be Caucasian far more than any other ethnicity. So, that is also important to remember when your are feeling alone.

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  5. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    American and Chinese.
    That's me.

6. Bubblyeater

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes. Here I am :slight_smile: I'm a Chinese from Malaysia.

7. Emulator

Yes, I'm Asian. :slight_smile: