1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis performing at grammys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FreeFlow9917, Jan 26, 2014.

1. FreeFlow9917

S im gonna say this now, because afterward i'll be speechless, but i can't believe they're performing Same Love at the Grammy's

2. bubblesh204

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was one of the most beautiful things that I've ever seen....Just wow...

3. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Amazing performance, that's great that it was played at the grammys. :grin:

Here's the vid for people who missed it:

[youtube]oCyH0oVS4jo[/youtube]

4. thesharkamander

I watched part of the Grammy's, and I agree that it was pretty great~

5. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I enjoyed the whole display, the song, the weddings, the ensemble. I watched it with my mother hoping she would get the point, but of course the point of the whole song and its lyrics and the weddings and all that flew right over her head. (At the end all she did was describe it as "well that was interesting".)

I was a tad disappointed that Macklemore's "The Heist" didn't win win Album of the Year. Though at least Daft Punk, after winning that award, gave a shout-out to the Same Love weddings as being the best part of the Grammys.

Of course there will be always be all kinds of critics on the internet trying to put a negative spin on it, which I've been reading already. (Queen Latifah is a closet-case, Madonna is just shamelessly trying to score gay cred to sell albums to gays, Macklemore is profiting off of LGBT people, etc.)

But I think it was just a beautiful moment, the most personally touching moment I can recall in any awards show.

6. Im Just Me

Came here to post about it if a topic wasn't already started.

I was in a room with my parents with the grammies on, but being a bit unimpressed with a lot of the music released this year, was half-watching, half-on my phone. When I heard Same Love starting, my attention instantly went to the TV, because this simply being performed at an event as big as the grammies is such a big deal.

Macklemore himself seemed so into and genuine and made it so so powerful. And when he said "Damn right, I support it." and I heard the cheers and just saw him standing there like that, I was so SO moved.

Also, when he finished the last verse, my mom was like "Hell yeah it is. Preach it!" ahaha it was wonderful.

Then the marriages happened and me and my mom were just crying like babies aha. And I love LOVE that they had gay, lesbian, and straight couples. If they made it a gay thing, it wouldn't be the same. What they were saying is this is normal. These are all just couples in love. It's all the same.
    And they had them all get married together. And I absolutely love that.
    So moved.