1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your career goals?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Some Dude, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I thought this would be an interesting topic. What are your career goals? What do you want to do for a job? What do you want to accomplish?

I really want to be a successful screenwriter. I have already started writing and will be working my ass off for the next four years to try to get into the USC Cinematic School. I love writing and I love film and television and this would just a dream job for me. In terms of accomplishments, I would love to have multiple successful screenplays and maybe a successful tv show, winning both an Oscar and an Emmy would be the ultimate goal. I really want to bring my stories to life and share them with the world through movies.

So how about you guys? What would you want to do with your career?

(Also I know my dream may seem a little out there and far fetched but it is my dream and I will stop at nothing to accomplish it)

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Researcher/university professor. I'm halfway toward my PhD so I'd say I'm pretty close. Maybe I'll end up teaching some of you youngsters one day when you're in college.

3. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Awesome, what are you studying?

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Human development. I'll probably end up teaching in either a development or psychology department somewhere.

5. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Work in political campaigns (which I'll be doing this summer and fall!), and be a communications director/chief of staff for a member of Congress.

I'd also like to teach Political Science and Communication courses part-time at my university at some point in my professional career.

6. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    I want to do non for profit work in africa, with either the medical field, ministry, or teaching. Also I'd love to write slam poetry about my time in africa, and maybe become a slam poetry artist.

7. fulcrum

I think long term I want to be involved in science and engineering. Preferably in one of the space fields. Im quite interested in space exploration. But I will need a Bsc in physics first, which Im planning to start later this year :-D

8. Beantown

Beantown Guest

housewife or if I don't drop out of med school to get married then a doctor but I'll probably drop out to get married since the process to become a doctor is omg so long.

9. Thorrible

Thorrible Guest

I'd love working in the film industry. Either as a scenario writer or director. I'm very creative and my mind works in pictures, so a lot of positions would work for me. I'm currently studying to become a media professional, learning the audio-visual stuff as well as the management of a media company. I would love to go to the Film Academy in Amsterdam. My dream company would be Marvel.

10. Hopeful

I don't know. Which is why I'm not off in college (well that and college costs a lot and I don't have the money, and my parents can't help). I'm currently working as a lifeguard and swim teacher, and am taking an EMT course. I don't want to be an EMT forever, but I'd like to try it out and see. I like teaching, so maybe I can be a teacher of some sort... I really don't know.

I also know that I want kids someday, and I don't want to be putting them in day care if at all possible... so that limits my working time to some degree.

11. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm...this is a bit harder for me to answer as compared to other people. I have been one of those full-time employees for 7 1/2 years then I got sick of the people and office politics so I quit and now I'm doing fulltime work as a graphic designer and fashion/portrait photographer for 2 years now. I still don't know if I should go back to doing fulltime work or pursue being a photographer.

I would like to be a fulltime housewife, though. Take care of our home while my husband works. Haha.

12. Camrok

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Computer science, particularly System Asministration.

13. Sorceress of Az

I am going to college to become a Graphic Desinger
    Currently working at a fast food place.
    I only need to complete less than a handful of classes to graduate with my Associates.

I don't care what I start out as when I finally get a job in GD but I would like to some day work in the video game industry and get more degrees.
    I also intend to get into politics, business, and start my own church where LGBT are welcome instead of treated like outcasts or demonized. I intend to spread my religious spiritual message and convert other Christians to the Real Gospel that I preach.
    I can't stand injustice or hatred no matter the source which is why I would like to become a politician and form my own church. As a artist I will be able to do my own designs and create my own ads.

Those are my dreams: "the beauty of a dream is that if it ever comes true it was never a dream but a truth.

14. duende84

I have never held a proper 9 to 5 job ever. The longest was doing web-admin work at a local newspaper for 12 months but it was "dead" time for me.

Since 1997 I have been toying with audio gear (hi-fi, recording, etc). Since 2010 I have been active in the pro-audio field doing tech work and music recording.

My latest and greatest goal is to record and produce my first proper album (no, not me performing) of a great artist I disovered last year. My dream is to have credit on the album of "Executive Producer". This made me come out the the artist and him and I are now even bigger friends. After his album I am aiming for some more albums hopefully some of 'em reaching international sales status and tours.

Also maybe have a small line of audio-gear on the pro market.

15. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aleady there. Just waiting to reach maximum level (waiting to reach highest pay scale).

16. Jwis

I am currently very happy with where I am. I work in R&D.

I would like to go get my PhD, and teach at the university level as well. I am waiting on a response from a program I applied to! Super anxious awaiting that letter.

17. Strathclyder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm working towards becoming a professional photographer. Formerly, I wanted to become a train driver, but I realized that I would never be able to achieve the qualifications required for it.

18. Hexagon

Philosopher+writer

19. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Airline pilot, and at some point down the road, I'll run for elected office.

20. gaymersofter

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to be a pastry chief, possibly own a business. Also on the side help be an indie game dev. :grin::