1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humor: Living In Sin

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DrkRayne, Jan 28, 2014.

1. DrkRayne

Just a little ancedote:

So my father is Catholic, but has never showed any disapproval of my relationship with my partner. In fact, some days I think he likes her more than me.

So it scared me when I heard through the grapevine that my dad had an issue. I didn't know what it was, but of course nothing in my family is secret. I heard it had to do with my partner and I building a house and possibly having a baby. My dad called me and said he wanted to have a serious discussion with me. Note: he is older and retired.

So I visted my dad. We sat down in the den, started talking and he let me have it.

I was living in sin :confused:
    I was scared for a moment that he had changed his mind, then he explained

He said that my partner and I needed to stop playing around and GET MARRIED! (yes my partner is another woman) He said were building a house and thinking about children and we're doing it backwards. He said we have to do things right and get married first because that is how its supposed to be.
    I told him gay marriage isnt legal in Michigan, but we were going to get married once it was legal.
    He said "No!" that we needed to just get married (he mentioned Washington) and he would throw a reception here in Michigan, but that we needed to stop playing around becuase if we did it this way, not only was it sinful but it wasnt legally safe. He then laid out issues with children and mortage etc.

Then he added.
    "Now look, I'm old school and I just think the way you're living is wrong. You should be married when you're doing all this"

I literally wanted to laugh, but I didnt because my dad was serious. Apparently its just as sinful for two women to be living together unmarried, as it is for heterosexual people.
    If only all christians thought this way. :eusa_danc
    :icon_bigg

2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I'm a conservative when it comes to marriage. I think that if two people live together and they have sex then they ought to be married."

-1972 Democratic Presidential Nominee and US Senator George McGovern

3. mav96213

That was awesome, loved it, thanks for sharing (made me smile).

4. IJustWantToLove

Oh my, I think you have an awesome Dad =D

It's a really cute anecdote, thanks for sharing

5. Foster

Ahww, sounds like you have a great dad :grin:

6. tscott

Your dad is one wonderful human being. I hope tell him so...often.:icon_wink

7. Sorceress of Az

Your father sounds like a great man, your lucky and he's right you should get some rings on those fingers.

He's not the only Christian who feels that way, I do too, though I am not a mainstream Christian because my beliefs don't reflect the common Christian doctrines many hold. I am sure there are other Christians who feel that way. Don't let the Conservative Christian Media convince you we all obsess about other people's sexuality.

Some of us Christians have so much on our minds, I for example am too worried about myself at the moment to worry about other people, I need to get all my eggs in one basket before I can help others, but I am so use to helping every one else, I am not use to needing to help myself.

As a Christian I believe that no one should be looked down upon or misjudged based upon who they chose as a significant other as we are all the Creators children after all.

May peace and love be with you, Always,
    In the name of Asherah the Queen of Heaven, Amen.

#7 Sorceress of Az, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  8. setnyx

he's right though mortgage,kids you guys need to be marred to protect each others rights if something happens to one of you.

9. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First they tell you that you are living in sin by not being married; then they tell you they are against you being married. If my login ID doesn't make you think "Catch-22", then this paradox should.

10. DrkRayne

Yeah my dad sometimes makes me laugh.
    I love him soooo much though.

11. Hexagon

Well, I don't agree with all this pro-marriage stuff. Sex outside it isn't wrong or sinful. But I can imagine that hearing him say that was affirming in it's own way. Because at least that way you know he's okay with you and who you are.

12. delxneyydg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Seems like you have an amazing dad!

13. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think being unmarried and having sex is sinful, but I do think it's better if you're having kids to be married, because it makes it less likely that the kid will be separated from their surviving parent if one of you dies. A lot easier to cope with losing one parent instead of two.