1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College kid diet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by phoenix89, Jan 28, 2014.

1. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have been joking with my roommate about my "diet", yesterday and today were the first time in the last week that I have not had pizza. I had pizza everyday from Tuesday to Sunday, with the only thing that I ate on Friday was pizza and potato chips. It is a miracle to think that I have lost weight 50lbs in the past year, especially after living off of pizza for a week, but hey with the exception of Tuesday it was free, so I didn't care.(!)(!)

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, at least your not like me.. Surviving off Mountain Dew, bagel bites, Alfredo, goldfish and last but not least grape gummies... Lol.

3. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have never met someone who ate as many Grape Gummies as you, just saying.

4. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

It's part of the experience. I survive mostly off of whatever random stuff is lying around and alcohol.

5. Ginger Hobbit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My second year of college, I invented "poor man's chicken parmesan", which consists of ramen noodles (just the noodles, no seasoning) with two chicken nuggets, a spoonful of spaghetti sauce, and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese. But yeah. Definitely surviving off whatever is lying around and alcohol. You get creative with it sometimes.

6. AlamoCity

My school basically forced meal plans to the all-you-can-eat cafeteria on students. Plus, we had Chick-fil-a, Subway, Burger King, Starbucks, Panda Express, Chilli's, and some other lesser known pita, Tex-Mex, and Italian "restaurants" on campus.

Luckily, I lost weight in college because I used the recreation center to run daily.

My favorite meal would be to get the Subway Club footlong, eat half for lunch, and half for dinner.

7. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have had the before, minus the sauce.

That reminds me of a dish I came up with my freshmen year. It was nicked name "Phillips Hall Casserole" since I lived in Phillips hall that year. It was 2 chicken packets ramen noodles, two cups instant rice, and a can of spam. We also occasionally add it cheetos for texture. I used to make this all in the microwave too. I cooked the rice first, then I would cook and drain the noodles, add them to rice, "cook" the spam, then mix them all together. It fed four, depending on how hungry we were. This was made out of desperation. The dining hall was closed, the the town I lived in had no restaurants, minus THE only bar in town, the general store was closed for night, it was -25*f out, we were all doing laundry and this was the only thing we had to eat, and we need to feed four people, at least it tasted good.

8. Skov

I have a 5 meal a week plan so I eat usually one meal a day (lunch or dinner) Mon-Fri in the dorms. I usually try to eat a TON of vegetables and fruits at these meals. Otherwise I usually make a big hotdish that'll last me a few days with leftovers. They are super easy to make which is why I enjoy them. They also usually have protein and vegetables in them so it makes getting my food groups easier too. My favorite is tater tot hotdish. All I do is brown a lb of hamburger, mix in a can of cream of chicken (or mushroom) soup and a bag of frozen vegetables, add cheese and of course tater tots, and bake it. Or I'll make a chicken pot pie hotdish which is the exact same except I just throw in a can of chicken instead of the hamburger and take out the tater tots and cheese. Maybe I'll even throw some pie crust on top if I'm feeling crazy.

My biggest struggle is getting enough protein, fruits, and veggies. I also eat too much salt, but it's a work in progress. I've stopped buying super unhealthy food because it's too easy to eat if I have it.

My favorite snack is to cut up some cheese, put it on triscuts, and then microwave it till the cheese is melted. Extra Cheddar Goldfish are my guilty pleasure though. I actually have stopped buying them because I eat them too much when they are available.

#8 Skov, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  9. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hit a bit of depression when I first moved away for college (long story) so I lost 15 pounds living in the dorms because I didn't have much of an appetite. I really didn't like the food that was served anyway, it went right through you. I like living in my apartment because I can cook my own meals, much better than microwave noodles