1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has any one ever wanted to be an Inventor?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sorceress of Az, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Sorceress of Az

Has any one ever wanted to be an Inventor?

I have,
    there are all kinds of ideas I have that I would like to attempt and make possible.
    Problem is I've no idea where I would start so many ideas and I don't have them organized their all jumppled up in my brain some where.

Where exactly does an Inventor start when they go about Inventing?
    How did the ancient Inventors invent things, they didn't have schools or colleges in our earliest stages of human evolution?

(I Might know the answers to my own questions, I just like hearing how other people think.)

2. Emulator

Yes, and I still do. Just in a more indirect way. I realise I can only conjure concepts :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: In reality I'm quite short of materials and resources.

People of the past experimented nearly everything. I think it's a fallacy that you have to be educated to be an inventor. Ideas can be thought of by anyone, after all.

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am/was one; have my name on several patents. You have to place yourself in a context where you have the equipment and resources to support developing your ideas, particularly if you are inventing "products". You can be content to "invent for pay", working for a company which will then own the patent rights to your inventions, or be an independent inventor if you have the assets to create and patent your own ideas, but either way, you are still an inventor.

4. Jwis

I do also in an indirect way. I am a R&D chemist for the bio-energy industry. Often times I need an item that does not exist or does not do what I need it to do - so I make it. Often times these are not very complex, or are variations on an already existing piece of technology.

One of my biggest tips is persistence, thinks work great in the head but in reality they work very different. They often require a lot of tinkering to make work correctly.

5. Nikky DoUrden

I always think about new inventions, some times I even hear about them a year later :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I heard somewhere that one thing is "talking" about it, but another thing is "doing" it, like saying "I have such a great idea for an app it will do this and this and this", but the point is to actually program it and design it ^^

So thats the most important thing being an inventor - DO things and not just talk about them :slight_smile:

6. Skyline

My brother is an inventor. When he has an idea, he first asks all the questions involved in the physics and science of the idea until he actually understands all of it in his head, then he is able to visualize it easily and get to work on designing. I share the design ability with him, but I'm not much for inventing new things.

7. anonomous

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i wanted to when i was little. i just love making things work anf working out how to make things work.

8. Data

Data Guest

I make custom tools all the time. You get an idea, build it, and then it's yours. You're an inventor!

9. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've thought about it.
    Have I invented anything? ...No.
    I'd sure love to, though.