1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you change

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andstillimhere7, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So has anyone ever had changes in their decision to come out? For example when I accepted being gay I wanted to stay in the closet because of fear, but then it gradually progressed in wanting to come out. Did you guys feel the same thing because I think it's a stage.

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally. One way or the other I knew I wasn't straight when I was about 15. It took 10 years of fighting it before I finally accepted it. During those 10 years I was deathly afraid of anyone finding out or perceiving me as anything but straight.

This past summer I fully accepted the fact that I liked guys, although at the time I identified as bi and came out as such to my parents, sister, and best friend. It felt so liberating, and I went back and forth between wanting to scream it out to the entire world and wanting to come out more slowly and subtly.

Yesterday, believe it or not, I came to the realization that I'm actually gay. I'm not making a giant announcement about that either, although again part of me still wants to just shout it out to the entire world. But I think it's definitely going to accelerate the coming-out process.

3. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think that's a perfectly normal progression. When I was very young it donned on me that I wasn't the same as all the other boys. As I grew up, I was accepting of myself and my future. The problem I had was the fear of rejection, and that fear kept me from being honest. That all changed on the most unexpected day. I was introduced to a new group of friends by my best friend whom I had met at our exclusive private school (where I was terrified to come out, and never did). I started to hang out and drink beer and work on cars like any guy our age was doing. Well, that unexpected day reared it's head when a friend of these newfound friends showed up. He was incredible, he was cute and he was gay. After a few minutes we took off for a bar to go shoot some pool and have a more private talk in which we clicked.

Fast forward a few days of my new reality with my first boyfriend, I ran into my best friend. He gave me a funny look and asked me what was going on? And with that question, I went from being afraid, to being a shit-eating grin having happy young man with the whole world at my fingertips. The best part was my best friend ended up being the most supportive person in my life since.

I guess the reason I shared that, is that I had no intention of coming out because of fear, only to have all my worst fears replaced with love and acceptance almost in an instant.

#3 Ruprect, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  4. C P

C P

Yep. I still have things running through my mind because of different feelings(it hit me out of nowhere only recently; a couple of years ago) but i've realized that I am not really interested in coming out in the traditional sense.

I'm just going to do my own thing and let others figure it out for themselves.

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I thought that I would just stay single for the rest of my life, but that just made me lonely and kind of dead inside.

6. Cass

i was going to come out to my mom, but I think I'm with the guy i'm going to stay with, so it feels like its unnecessary to tell her.