1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay pets

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ComingClean, Feb 1, 2014.

1. ComingClean

ComingClean Guest

I wasn't sure which forum to post this under but anyway.. I have a question.
    The other day I was talking to one of my friends and he told me that his dog "used" to be gay because it liked male and female dogs. Obviously there's no such thing as being ex-gay and that would make his dog bisexual in any case.
    But that's not my question. My question is, do any of you have any gay pets? I know that animals display homosexual behaviour all the time. I was wondering specifically about your pets and whether they display any homosexual behaviour :slight_smile:

2. lssl

lssl Guest

I can't say that I've ever had a gay pet but I just want to say I love this thread!

3. Cass

No
    But my dog tries to have sex with my cat, so there's that.

4. Nikky DoUrden

my dog really loved his toy.
    in other words I think what we may call "gay", our pets don't recognize it as so :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My dogs were hetero always chasing females it got so bad he got all the female dogs pregnant in our neighborhood . I wish I had a lesbian dog because I would get another female dog so she could have a girlfriend at least one of us in this house whole would be getting some .:confused:

6. Harve

Many male dogs generally try to have sex with anything that moves, unless they can hunt it.

7. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I read that for dogs its a sign of dominance, so they're not gay. I highly doubt anybody has a gay pet...

8. Thedistra

I don't believe there has been evidence of homosexual canines as of yet. Only dominance towards the same gender.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are homosexual canines out there somewhere that haven't been observed, maybe some wolves.

#8 Thedistra, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  9. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh I'm sure there are homosexual canines out there. It's just a lot harder for us to tell due to the fact that they'll pretty much hump just about anything they can manage.

10. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dog is female and she constantly cocks her leg up on lampposts when she has a wee like a male dog... Weird. She also went through a stage of trying to hump us. But she never got the hang of that! The vet told us that was to show dominance though haha.

11. biggayguy

****off topic*****

My dog must have been dyslexic. He would hike the wrong leg to wee.:confused:

12. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My Doberman is my male dog, and he used to try to hump my German Shepherd, and then once he got out of his juvenile stage, he'd always get an erection when he saw a male dog. I'm the gay human of a gay dog.

13. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My dog milo age 2 humps my other dog Sammy age 15 sometimes and one time I tried to get him to breed with a female dog so they could have babies. And he didn't get her pregnant we would out him on top of her and he would jump off so Idk if milo is gay or what but he's a sweet dog at least.

14. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a good percentage of lesbian foxes, as outlined in the Book Biological Exuberance, a study about homosexual behavior in the animal kingdom. (I'm not sure with Wolves) It was actually used as expert testimony in the US Supreme Court to overturn Sodomy laws by helping to disprove the notion that it was 'unnatural'. It's quite a fascinating read...I was unaware so many species had same sex relations of so many varying kinds.

15. Thedistra

Hadn't heard about that study, thanks :slight_smile:.

16. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is exactly what I was going to say. In most cases it's just an animal trying to establish dominance in their hierarchy.

17. katwat

I have a pair of male ducks that prefer each other to females. Since they have nine girls for just the two boys it is not just a lack of access thing either.

18. Im Just Me

My brother's finches are gay. Two males. They are definitely both male, because in this kind of finch only the males have red faces and markings. One is usually the dominant one, but we've caught the other on top before :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    They also make a nest and cuddle together <3
    In there case it's possible it's a lack of access, as it's just the two of them. No way to be sure.

However, my friend a few years ago also used to say her cats were gay. I never actually witnessed it, but I guess her mom tried to breed one and it hate the female they brought and would hiss at it and never mate. They brought a male into the house, though, and they started having intercourse, apparently...
    My friend thought it was hilarious. The mom tried to keep them separated, though. Thought it was wrong.
    Definitely not a lack of access. The mom really wanted to breed the cat. But no luck :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Before I got my cats fixed, they had very strong homosexual tendencies...but brothers shouldn't hump brothers.

20. Emulator

I put two hamsters of the same breed but opposite sex together...and they fought till one was badly injured. I'm not sure if that's a sign of homosexuality, but they never actually mated.