1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When the parents are away....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Jul 3, 2008.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    My sister-in-law called last night and asked if my almost 16 year old nephew could stay with us while they are away this weekend. I'm sure he's thrilled. :roflmao: Luckily, he loves his Aunt Becky.

Anyway, I was wondering how old you guys were when your parents let you stay home alone for the weekend and if you managed to get in any trouble. :grin: My kids haven't confessed to doing one thing. Either they are really good kids or very secretive. :roflmao: However, when my parents left town when I was a teenager, that was a different story. My Dad didn't trust me very much and with probably good reason. He used to limit my use of the car to going to work and returning home so he would check the mileage before he left. Fortunately for me, the odometers could be reversed on cars by backing up. One night I had to back all the way to my friends house and she lived 5 miles out of town. Yeah, that was a big kink in the neck. I wasn't the only one of my friends who did this either. I would also have the occassional small party with boys and booze. My grandmother lived two houses away so she could see my every move. I couldn't get away with too much. Still, I didn't do anything too horribly bad.

So how old were you when you were allowed to stay home alone for the weekend and did you get in any trouble?

2. Beebo

hahahah. Mostly I have been good. But my parents go away so much, especially when I was just like 14 years old.... they left like every single weekend. But... I honestly only have ever had one party, and at that party, a friend of mine got drunk and jumped down my stairs and broke through my wall!

I never have hosted a party without their permission since then. :confused: lame, I know.

3. Kat22

Ha ha Becky, as you kinda already know a little bit about my parents from other threads you'll enjoy this.

When I was a senior in High School my parents went on a week long trip. I was a month shy of 18 and my little sister had just turned 15. We both were good kids. Both top in our classes, I had a job at the hospital at that time, and my little sister had theatre stuff after school. We were never home long enough to get into trouble! lol They made my grandma who lives 5 hours away come to stay with us! Even today now that I have my own house and live in a different town, my mom will occassionally call me during the school year to make sure I'm "In and being productive." lol

Last summer, however, I was home from college and my parents left for the night. I had the party of my life, more or less just to get back at them for not trusting me earlier. lol I didn't even drink at the party....

4. Quitex

Quitex Guest

I was left alone in my house for a week when my dad was in the hospital: No calls from family or my dad, no supervision, no anything. Was 8 months ago.

5. -Michael-

Due to being a single parent we always had to go to my grandads house while my dad was on night shifts.

But we matred quickly andheas fine leaving us when we were abut 13-14 ...

a weekend away though...

The frt time was fun...

lets just say when they got back they had an avarge clean house and o suspicions.
    Then we got "why is there tomato ketchup on the wall"...

oops haha :slight_smile:
    My parties rock.

6. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I looked after the house for new year when my parents went to France. I had company the night before new year, but for new year it was just me and the dog (Lola). I actually liked it. :grin:

7. Ty

Ty Guest

Alcololz ensures a good time with friends.

8. Tim

Tim

My mom has left me and my sisters alone twice, One sister never came home except for sleep, like she does now, and my other sister does nothing but talk to her internet boyfriend, so they had no influence, but I didn't do anything either :slight_smile: I had to take care of them >_> (Which seems wrong, considering they're older then me) <_< Even had to call an ambulance for one of them, as she had a pain in her stomach and it hurt to move, and we had no way to get her to the hospital :S

9. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Oh no! :eek: Were you grounded for life?

10. Beebo

hahah, I told them I was running down the stairs and I tripped and crashed into the wall. lol.

Definatly saved my friends reputation, and saved myself from being caught. (I lied)

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

Good answer. :wink:

12. Alexander

I was allowed to stay with my sister when she turned 16. She would leave and party and I would stay home and party. :grin:

13. Corny

Corny Guest

i believe the first time i was alone longer than an eveing or so was when i was 15. i didn't dare to do something at that time. one year later that was a different story :grin: i had to hover the dried-in pieces of puke out of the lawn *cough* (mind that 16 is the legal age for drinking "soft" alcohol like sparkling wine and beer here). i didn't get much better for the next 3 years - today i call this "my wild years". and after telling this, now i feel old .. lol

14. Lol the first time I got to stay by myself was when I was 12. I couldnt get into much trouble as my sister was very young and I had to make sure she wasn't getting in trouble.

15. LOVEjames

My father left me alone when I was 8 while he went to work, and I woke up at like 9am to find that no one was tehre, so I walked down to the gas station in my pajamas and called 911. After that, I started living with my grandmother.

But other than that... hm. I think I was 12 or so. I'm fairly capable of living by myself, and I don't have any friends around here to have a party with, so I don't have to worry about that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah, 8 is a little young to be left home alone James. Good thing you called 911.

If you ever come down to Oregon, you can party with me. :grin:

17. LOVEjames

xD I plan on going to the University of Portland for my Bachelors in a couple of years, so you very well might see me.

18. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah!!!!

19. Malchik89

Its very rare that i ever have the house completely to myself, especially with my dad not working now...he's like forever bound to my house D:

20. HalfInsane

My parents have left me home alone for a weekend since I turned 15. Then again, I'm always left with both my little sisters so that'd be their reasoning for waiting until then. It's also because of my siblings that I couldn't really throw a party even if I tried. Although, I'm honestly too lazy to clean up that much of a mess anyways. Much rather go to a party and someone else's house. And once again, being left in charge of my sisters I had to try to keep things pretty in control. I cooked them two out of three meals a day and kept the house spotless... not the funnest way to spend a weekend. xD