1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online dating sites is such a bad idea... :(

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by duende84, Feb 3, 2014.

1. duende84

Online dating sites is such a bad idea... :frowning2:

How many times have I burned my fingers through desperately trying to find Mr Right on one of those. :rolle:

In the area where I live there are very but very few gay guys. The closest city is like 1 hour drive and Joburg is 4 hours drive. So when I start chatting with a guy on a dating site he is like in either Joburg (4 hours away) or Capetown (12 hours away). It never works.

Before this last virtual "hookup" I said to myself I will never do it again and also said that its time that Mr Right should doing the searching bit for me because I have done my part. Yet I did it again and well... :bang: :bang: :bang:

So many nights, when I lie alone in my bed I wish that Mr Right will bump into me and smile at me, take my hand in his and kiss my socks off so that I will know... but it is just a dream. Or does it happen sometimes?

Never ever do I want to 'advertise' myself on a dating site again like a bloody used car. :icon_sad:

I am aiming to move to Capetown for the sake of my career. It is a rather "gay-rich" area and hope to have a bit more luck down there.

Rant over...

2. Nikky DoUrden

Hope it'll work out for when u get setteled in town :slight_smile:

Also, try to think about your Mr. Right - what would he do to find HIS mr. right (AKA you) ?
    Is he going to dating sites? Does he go to bars instead? Maybe he is too shy and do neither, and u'll find him lurking in a gaming forum?
    Get into his mind! 8)

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also once tried the online dating thing, and ended up deleting my profile. Too many creeps out there, who only want to drag you to bed...

So I feel your pain. It happens (almost) everywhere, with (almost) everyone. Maybe we just haven't found the right dating sites yet? All I know is, I'm never signing up on one again. Once bitten...

I hope you find a nice guy down in Cape Town. You deserve to be happy, and as cliché as it may be, there is someone out there for each of us

4. FrozenFae

I share your frustrations. The only sort of people who would ever write me on those things were either closet cases who wanted a down low relationship, someone to have casual sex with - which I am NOT interested in the slightest in doing, or people who had the social skills of a rotting jar of mayo.

Try going to a local university or community college and see if there are some LGBT alliance groups there you can join. Those are a great way to meet and connect with people. In any event, best of luck to you. I hope you find your Prince Charming soon :slight_smile:

5. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Online dating is flawed but if your very shy like me it's the only real option for a relationship.

6. duende84

Thanks - rotting jar of mayo is sometimes an understatment...

Unfortunately we dont have things like "local university or community college" or LGBT groups - in my area at least.

Thanks.

---------- Post added 3rd Feb 2014 at 03:00 PM ----------

Indeed. And I aint gonna walk in town with a sign hanging from my neck "I'm gay and I am looking for a BF".

:eusa_naug

---------- Post added 3rd Feb 2014 at 03:02 PM ----------

Thank you - fellow Saffa :slight_smile: and for you too the same kind wishes :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 3rd Feb 2014 at 03:04 PM ----------

I think about that all the time and from my idea where he might be us meeting would be by shear chance and serendipity I tell you. Because I dont do the club thing, I rarely go to pubs, I am not a gamer... sigh...