1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I find it funny when straight men say all women are bisexual

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Feb 3, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    But when you asked them you ask them it's the same for them they turn around and act like all men are straight and there is no such thing as a bisexual man and no straight men ever experimented in their life . Which I know is not true I think straight men experiment just as much as straight women do . But why do they try to cover it up ?
    because they tell me it's either men are straight or gay nothing in between that's only women and the women go back to men after there done and only a small percent are lesbian .

#1 stocking, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  2. MissyT

I've actually wondered this as well. Maybe they're ashamed?? I don't know

3. IJustWantToLove

Hey stocking =)

Here's what I think:
    In my opinion men have a much harder time allowing anything to "threaten" their masculinity than women have with feminity. I don't know WHY that is, most probably due to our upbringing and culture, but that's the way I perceive it.
    For example: I feel like a girl can be totally into football or cars or something and still gets across feminine. While if a guy states he likes ballet or something it's considered girly. And I think the same goes for sexuality in a way.

Don't know how to express myself any better, hope that post makes any sense...

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Here I agree but the sad thing is they want to live in this denial that there no such thing as bi man or bi curious when there are some straight men that experiment or have sex with other men occasionally

5. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably because our society is still rigidly patriarchal. That's why anything that seems like a attempt to become "masculine"(i.e. 'tomboy' behavior) is seen as moving up the societal ladder but an attempt to become more "feminine" is a move down. That's why straight men(well the jerks among them) usually reference the receptive partner/position when making fun of a gay man's sexuality. They see it as being too "feminine". They ridicule it because if it doesn't matter who is "masculine" and who is "feminine" than male privilege goes out the window. And that scares them.

6. IJustWantToLove

I'm not sure if it's so much a matter of wanting to live in this denial or just more of a self-defence mechanism, kind of keep up appearances in order to not become the target of mockery themselves or being in thread of loosing their masculinity or being classified as bi themselves for "acknowledging" bisexuality or something, I don't know...

---------- Post added 3rd Feb 2014 at 09:46 PM ----------

This is probably true, but sad...

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    might be that too

8. Techno Kid

This exactly!
    This makes most men very insecure. There is a lot of preasure on women to be "femme" , but nowhere near as much as for men to be "masc".
    Though women have more preasure put on their appearance than men do.

9. pane123

pane123 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think it's because the guys that do think all women are bisexual, want them to be, as it turns them on.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    True and all the hot 3somes they can have .:roflmao: they really make other straight men look bad

11. justjade

I'm inclined to agree with that.

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know, but are there ever some uptight ones when it comes to this topic. I wonder how many guys have fooled around with friends or while on a business trip, at least once, climax or not. Kinsey said it was 37%, to climax, for the men surveyed.

13. The_Poets

US/ Hogwarts/ vacations spent in the tardis
    Everybody loves boobs (its a joke). Anyway I had the best response ever when my friend was talking about his sexuality. he said something along the lines of... I think im straight but I hate identifying that way because who knows maybe I just haven't met the right person yet.

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think some have

15. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    On another note, I find it interesting that women are totally allowed to call each other "girlfriend" while guys sure as hell aren't supposed to call each other "boyfriend".

And it's funny - Guys (me included, I admit) tend to find bisexual / gay women very attractive, but as far as I can tell, women don't seem to find bisexual / gay men any more attractive then any other man. I suppose it's because guys kind of get "jealous" because in their eyes two women are better than one. Girls don't tend to think that way, I guess. I certainly don't.

16. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Because if you believe that women are only here to serve men sexually, it's a lot easier to believe that their sexuality doesn't really exist, and is malleable to outside forces (see: controllable). Gay men threaten the traditional power structures by showing that not all men are these invulnerable, respected knights who are constantly competing against one another to conquer women. Once you've been "tainted" once, you've lost that straight privilege, in addition to masculinity, maleness.

A few gay men can be just as bad, since they decide to form biases and cliques against heterosexual (men), and use their experiences as justification to discriminate against bisexual men, for example. So you get a mirror image, almost, except with the issues that come with being a sexual minority. A few see us as "traitors" for not "committing" to their side, which is silly, since it's not something you can choose.

So like someone else has said, because homosexuality is equated with femininity, which is seen as inferior in our patriarchal society. In a world where being called a "f*gg*t" is one of the worst blows to a man's self-esteem, enough to seriously hurt the offending party for, no one is going to want anything to do with it. Think of how it felt to be accused of being a communist during the "Red Scare" and that's the type of hysteria that comes to mind whenever a guy has to remind everyone, "I'm not gay" or, "I like p*ss* as much as the next guy."

Ironically, the idea of male-male sexual activities being so taboo and potentially dangerous was one of the "selling points" early in my own coming out process.

17. Ames

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My take on this subject and others like it when it comes to women vs men or FTM vs MTF. its cultural and society dictates this type of thought. Men are thought of as superior so any acts or revelations that would indicate otherwise is bad in most of societal views. think about it. a MTF looses statue but a FTM gains. you can argue between each person do they feel a gain or loss but in society's mind becoming a woman or woman-like is a step down (I see it and live it to a point).

If men and women were total;ly equal in statue then whether you wanted to be a man or a woman or like as one wouldn't really matter as much as it does.

for a man to be proceived as girly or gay ( unless he wants to be and is comfortable with it) tend to assume he is less than a "real Man should be thus not "fully" a man.

Where as a woman who likes say sports, understands cars and mechanical things but still retains her "femm feelings" (to whatever extent she feels to protray moves up the ladder sort of speak. anyway thats my thougths :slight_smile: