1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you say this is homophobic?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pane123, Feb 4, 2014.

1. pane123

pane123 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I have to admit, I have a slight fear of the small miniority of gays that date/try to date excusively straights, purely because I feel they have no respect for peoples orientation or relationships, so does this mean I'm homophobic? It's been bugging me, as I feel a bad person for feeling this way, are my feelings about this matter unfounded? I'm quite aware this is how a lot of straight men treat women, so I know this will sound hypocritical.

#1 pane123, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  2. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Er, do you mean gay people who pursue straight people in an unwanted fashion? Because if they're dating each other, chances are the straight person is at least a bit bi.

3. DrkRayne

How are they dating a staight person. If they are "dating" then the other person is complicit and more than likely not straight..

Now if you mean pursuing straight people...I don't get that crap. I mean as a lesbian, I wouldn't want a straight woman in my bed (excluding Kate Beckinsale and Rachel McAdams) because she won't know what she is doing. Also, who wants to go through all the confusing and processing required for coming out and dealing with possibly realizing you aren't straight.
    Too much drama.

So if you are talking about gay men who pursue straight men...then I agree. Though I don't think anything is wrong if a man hits on another man, he doesnt know you are strictly straight. There are bisexual men. If you decline and he moves on...no harm done.

Its not homophobic if you don't attribute those qualities to all gay men you see, and realize that only some men are like that. Just like not all guys are douche bags who can't take no for an answer. Some are douches, some arent'. I've had men tell my partner and I that we just need a man. He is a douche, but I know not all straight men are jerks.

I once heard a quote: A homophobe is a man who is worried a gay man will treat him the same way he treats women.

Don't be that way.

4. pane123

pane123 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I have to be honest, but I mean the few gays that get a kick out of trying to turn straights, and trying to hook up, despite knowing their orientation or relationships. That sort of worries me a little, and the little tiny bit of fear started up after reading a thread on here, where someone said that the only difference between straight and gay, was a bit of beer.

---------- Post added 4th Feb 2014 at 10:42 AM ----------

I am, I'm referring to the type of guys that do it despite beforehand knowing they are straight.

And the quote is definatley right, and I honestly hope I'm not matching that description.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't like it when gay guys or lesbians do that .
    I'm lesbian and if a chick is straight I do not get them drunk and try to take advantage of them and people doing that should know that it is considered rape .
    I don't think what your saying is homophobic unless you were saying all gay people are like this .

6. pane123

pane123 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

Oh lord no, no, I wasn't, it's only a small miniority that I've heard do.

But some straight people take advantage just as much, and perhaps more, which is equally disgusting.

7. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Regardless of orientation, anyone who makes unwanted advances on another person can generally be grouped under the "douchebag" category. That being said, there's a difference between predatory advances and harmless flirting. For example, if a gay guy asks you out the only appropriate response for an adult to have is "I'm straight" or "I'm flattered, but I'm not gay". If this hypothetical gay guy then says something along the lines of "oh, okay" and then either disengages from the conversation or changes it to more platonic topics, I wouldn't say they're trying to be a douchebag. However, if after that respectful rejection, the gay guy continues to be inappropriate and/or cross boundaries than, again, they're a douchebag. Now I used a straight and gay guy in the example because of your specific question but keep in mind that this scenario works with any two people of any sexual orientation.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know you were talking about a small miniority that's why I said i didn't see this as homophobic .

Yeah some straight people mostly straight men not all do this I know for sure but I was online I read a comment a straight guy had about lesbians and he said
    that lesbian shit is not real I f**ked a lesbian last night , they like to play hard to get they
    love the c**k . another guy straight told me that lesbians like men and have sex with them but their just upset about upsetting their clan so they never admit it .
    comments like that upset me . :dry:

#8 stocking, Feb 4, 2014
  9. Data

Data Guest

Then yes, I'd say you're slightly homophobic but not really in a bad way. It's more along the lines of what a gay person feels internally when they first find out they are gay.

If you're straight and confident that you're straight, WHY does it worry you at all that a small number of gay guys might hit on you or try to seduce you? If you know you're straight it shouldn't matter what you do. Alcohol does lower inhibitions, but you know what they say: drunk words are sober thoughts.

Finally, even if you are straight, you might come across a guy who you really like. You might have sexual feelings for that guy. That's ok man. The orientation cops aren't going to haul you off to jail for having sex with a guy if you feel like you're 99% straight.

So, while yes there probably are a few guys with a straight fetish, it shouldn't concern you because you're straight. You are immune to them, right? If not, don't fret about it. Sex is about doing what you want to derive pleasure. Finally, you can't "turn" anyone, and like it has been said, if the straight guy wants to have sex with the gay guy he is at least curious if not bisexual.

Go with the flow.

10. DrkRayne

I once heard the phrase the difference between a straight woman and lesbian was "two drinks and a light switch".

I think people say those things, but hopefully no non-criminal person would do such things. Its rape. People under the influence of alcohol can't consent. They are not in their right mind.
    Maybe alcohol tends to loosen them up, but intoxication = rape. And I think most people know that.

I've had men hit on me knowing I'm in a lesbian realtionship...and as long that they leave me alone once I say no...there isnt an issue.
    I think you have to understand that because a person is in a relationship doesnt say their sexuality. There are people who are bi, and some people who are in open relationships. They're just checking.
    Once you say no, and they keep pushing....then you have the right to be irritated.

#10 DrkRayne, Feb 4, 2014
  11. pane123

pane123 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Definitely.
    Yeah, quite a few straight guys are like that unfortunatley. :frowning2:

But it's just all talk, they're trying to show off by acting like that.

---------- Post added 4th Feb 2014 at 11:09 AM ----------

They most likely won't, it's just a thread on here got me thinking about the issue.

It may now seem like I have 'issues', but I don't, I just worded the thread badly.
    I'm okay with being asked out by a gay guy, it would be flattering to know someones attracted to me, so that's not an issue, so I guess my issue is with people not taking the 'no thanks' being the answer, regardless of it being a male or female.

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm glad it's just all talk and showing off ,
    but I like you some of that talk made me feel insecure and scared me and made me think like what if your right but like what Data said if your secure in your sexuality you will not worry about them being able to turn you or about the small few out there don't get me wrong their behavior and comments will still upset you as the one said up there upsets me . But if they harass you and you run into gay guys like that you can teach them lesson that they can't do that to every straight guy .

13. ZenMusic

If you said that only gay men do that, then yeah you would be. Unfortunately, some people don't understand that no means no, irrespective of gender.