1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not as ugly as i though?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dblockdavis, Feb 4, 2014.

1. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    For most of my life i have been told (by mostly males) that i am ugly. Its usually ugly fat males that call me ugly. Girls always ignored me or acted like i was a waste of space. I am in my mid twenties. I have anti social tendencies, and i like to isolate a lot. I am slow to make friends, as i have to totally trust the person. I still think i look ugly in photographs, and recently someone insulted me by saying "You looked in the mirror! thats why it broke!" Lately, alot of attractive people have been talking to me. I have almost no social skills. I am Bisexual. This cute guy told me about his weekend adventures, and this hot girl at work said that i should "come work with her" in her department. She has been saying stuff like, if i am carrying something that she likes, she would say "you gonna buy that for me?" what do you all think?

2. Halcyons

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I don't think anyone's ugly unless it's on the inside. Plus, a lot of people will do things like that just because they're insecure about their own image.

3. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    a girl even told me once that i was walking around looking like a diva.

4. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree... We all have beauty/handsomeness... We just need to tap into it.. Screw them!!!
    People talk junk about others when they are revealing junk about themselves... :/

5. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Maybe i am just shy.

6. setnyx

yep sounds like you're shy to me. people make up for their low self esteem by trying to lower other's but that's their problem.

7. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi dblockdavis!

Seems to me that you are not as ugly as you think you are. Well, if you ask me, I think no one is physically ugly. Beauty is subjective and what I see may be unattractive may be extremely luscious to one person. *Haha, luscious. I rarely use that word*

I have been rejected tons of times already. But I have also been asked out by some as well. So I can relate to what you're saying. Maybe you are just shy and maybe ones you start to be more open, people would respond to you more. I think you just need a little bit of confidence and you're good to go, dear!

But if you want to better yourself physically, then go and do that. Work out. Change your clothes. Get a new hairstyle. All those things. They may be quiet superficial but if it will help you build your confidence and help you come out of your shell more...then by all means, do it. You have nothing to lose, anyway.

And for those guys who told you that you are ugly and for the person who told you that you broke the mirror...ignore them! You don't need negative individuals like them in your life. I think you are fabulous so just stay that way, please?

Hugs!!!
    Cheer up!
    Cigsmoker [Sam]

8. Nikky DoUrden

this is the most important thing I realized when I was younger and in school.
    people try to lower others in order to make themselves higher...
    so as setnyx says, THEY are the ones with the problems when they say things like that, not you (*hug*)

9. AAASAS

I sometimes feel people treat me crappy because I am ugly, but it may be more my demeanor and overall face.

Maybe you look sort of unapproachable, or ticked off, which gives people bad vibes.

Try just feeling more receptive and I guarantee people will feel that from you and find you more approachable. I am really good at giving a fuck off attitude, but when I turn it off people talk to me more often.

What I am saying is that the way you are treated is not always based on your looks, believe it or not, a lot of people will treat people with respect regardless of their appearance. But if you give a crap vibe off then it's easier to be treated like crap.

I know I'd be treated better if I was good looking, but a lot of how I am treated is up to how I act.

I'm not going to sugar-coat it, not everyone is super good-looking, but ugly people manage to find people to have a relationship with, so yea it's easier being good-looking, but it's no the be all end all.

A lot of people I know that are ugly are highly sought after people because they are fun to be around, and when I am not worrying about crap and can be myself, I tend to get along with people a lot more. Yea I am probably not given a smile as often by the gift behind the counter at a fast-joint, but who gives a fuck about that. There are still ways to have a decent life regardless of how you look. The faster you get over it, the fast you can get on with your life.

#9 AAASAS, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, people can be assholes. Even if you aren't super model material it doesn't mean that you're unattractive. There are plenty guys I know that aren't super attractive but they get dates boyfriends/girlfriends because they're just interesting people.
    Play up your strengths.

BTW reading post totally reminds me of myself. Hang in there buddy

11. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i dont feel that looks are subjective or are in the eye of the beholder.

12. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They are though. Of course there are some people who pretty much the whole world would agree are stunning and others that nobody could say are physically attractive, but for the vast majority of us we're somewhere in the middle.

I know I could describe my "type", the general characteristics that I find attractive, but while I've never had the privilege of being in a relationship, I can tell you that just about every person I've ever developed a strong crush for does not fit that image. I've been crazy about some guys that I know other people would rate as average at best.

13. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One insult is enough to wipe the memory of a thousand compliments. We're all told horrible things, but you're clearly liked for some reason or another (if it's not your looks, then your personality must be attractive). Beauty is in the eye of the beholder etc, and physical looks aren't actually that important for relationships.

And for your disbelief in the subjectivity of attraction, just change what you think of as attractive to "conventionally attractive." There are gorgeous fat people with stretch marks and frizzy hair, and that's attractive to some, even though beauty is usually measured by whiteness and slimness and clear skin and smooth hair. What you're told is attractive isn't universally desirable or preferred.

#13 Aussie792, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  14. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    this hot girl has been talking to me alot too and i keep catching her smiling at me.

15. dblockdavis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    well it turns out that these people were just "playing" me and i liked him so much that it made me delusional.

16. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeh.. "Are you going to buy that for me"... Ive heard that before... She doesn't actually like you I'm afraid.

They're not worth your time