1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else hate their high school photos?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AlamoCity, Feb 5, 2014.

1. AlamoCity

I just found some pictures of me from high school (which will NOT be posted here :grin:) and, oh Lord, they need to be burned :bang: . I am not by any means "good-looking" now but those high school pictures were something else entirely; I don't know if my face changed or whatnot but I look like a totally different person now (not a weight issue, more of a facial characteristics one).

Anyone else feel the same about pics of their younger self?

2. Ticklish Fish

everyone changes face throughout life, what are you talking about? hahaha. and i just hate my toddler pics... those stupid clothes

3. Jared

I hate them too, I need to destroy all of them, I was so so fat in high school. Thankfully the really bad ones didn't end up in my senior yearbook, the joys of being yearbook editor. I've purged most of them from Facebook, but I still have a backup of all pics we took for yearbook, so they exist on one of my hard drives. Really should get around to deleting them.

4. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup. Mostly in terms of how I dressed in high school. Before coming out and getting involved in the gay community, I didn't know much about fashion(not all gays are fashionistas, I know, but the gay community introduced me personally to the concept of personal fashion). I was raised by fashion wolves(actually it was so bad it could've just been literal wolves). Anyway, now I no longer look like a 12 year old just coming back from gym class in an adult's body. Also, with time and effort I've integrated into human society and am now capable of human speech.

#4 SongshiQuan, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  5. Mysz

My haircut in eleventh grade was pretty horrible. I've gotten rid of all photos from that year, and I dislike 9-10th grade photos... but my senior pictures were nice. I don't want to white out my face, at least :grin:

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I hate mine wish I could burn it but I did at least get one good photo but I wanna burn the bad one it's in the year book and I didn't buy a year but because I don't ever wanna see it again

7. salus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Same as Mysz, the condition of my hair for about 2 years was beyond awful.

8. setnyx

highschool pics, what highschool pics? i managed to be absent that day AND retake day. my mom made me dress like a girl. if she had let me be the guy i am inside then i MIGHT have showed up. i did get rid of all my pics when my mom died though.

9. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Highschool is a truly awkward and uncomfortable stage in most people's lives. There are some chosen ones who are extremely beautiful that they just cannot seem to take a bad photo regardless of the lighting, facial expression and camera angle. And I hate those people. Haha kidding!

Yes, I really dislike my highschool photos but I still keep a lot of them up to now. And I look at them from time to time to remind myself of how far I have come and how different I am now [not just looks]. I am also not good-looking but sometimes, its hard for me to grasp the idea that the guy in my highschool photos and the guy typing this reply is the same person. Haha.

10. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I loved high school. I didn't look like a total doofus either. Also I was young and fresh faced, so that was a plus too.

11. RandomMatt

For the most part I was okay with how I looked in high school, but good god, my senior pic was just.....I looked like a total nerd. Seriously. From the clothes I was wearing to the style my hair was in. Just....ugh. One of the biggest life mistakes I've ever made as far as I'm concerned lol

12. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All of my pictures must burn.
    In Hell!

13. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *Every head in the room slowly turns towards Kasey, stank all over their faces*

J/K. I do love/find hilarious though that you bust in our communal commiserating about how we looked like geeks and (albeit in a polite way) say "whatevs, losers. I looked fabulous, bitches. So deal.":roflmao:

14. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Well... I dunno, dumping some kerosene on the lot of them doesn't sound like a bad idea...

15. AlamoCity

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

16. C P

C P

This post so much.

I hate damn near every picture of myself taken. It's not that I think I'm ugly, I just don't think I photograph well, at all(though others tell me otherwise); I look better in person, imo.

I'll think I look nice and try to capture that in a pic and then I look and am like...'what the hell happened in the one sec time frame of the picture being taken!?'

17. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Absolutely. I looked like two different people at 17 and 27.

18. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, my high school yearbook photos are horrible.. I wouldn't mind if they disappeared..

19. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I very much agree. I tense up for photos that are taken too much and I'm not happy with the way most of them turn out. I'm better with the situation if it was a video that somebody took at a function.

20. biggayguy

My senior photo looked decent but dated. (early eighties) The rest of my school pictures could be burned. My acne was terrible.