1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians if your an out going person would you date some one with social anxiety ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stocking, Feb 5, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've had terrible social anxiety most of my life when I'm with friends I feel safe and it doesn't show up as much but when I'm by myself it's hard for me , even leaving a table at a party to get food is hard for me and scares me , I get a weird feeling like I'm falling off a cliff . I don't go out much, I only go to places like the mall but going alone to pick out clothes is a pain even for me . Most of my friends don't know I have it and it's a big secret . But is a person with social anxiety a big no no for lesbians ?

2. Re: Lesbians if your an out going person would you date some one with social anxiety

I have it too. We could stay inside and cuddle together. So it wouldn't bother me. And that cliff feeling sounds like my panic attacks. Anxiety blows.

3. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Re: Lesbians if your an out going person would you date some one with social anxiety

I had social anxiety and still get it sometimes. So I understand if my other one has social anxiety, I wouldn't NOT be with someone because of it.
    * I wouldn't take her anywhere crowded but Id love to take her out maybe to a café or movies, walk ect. and Id NEVER leave her by herself in a public place (avoid anxiety attacks),
    where I go she goes.

-But honestly I would try to help her overcome her social anxiety (Im a talker so Id want to know where it comes from, how long shes had it and how to help her) and try to push her a lil out her comfort zone sometimes, not to much (like a jerk) just a lil.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Re: Lesbians if your an out going person would you date some one with social anxiety

I wouldn't mind dating someone like that and would appreciate this . I wouldn't want my girlfriend feeling like because of me she can't go out and have fun and i'm too boring :icon_sad:

5. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Sorry guys I know I'm not a lesbian but I get social anxiety too. I used to got out a lot in my younger days but generally I was/would get too f-ed up to be anxious and end up making a fool of myself(sometimes others). Now that I'm either sober or only drink alcohol(and only a drink, sometimes two if special occasion) I'm back to being like I was in middle school/early hs, a homebody. My partner is an extrovert so I think sometimes it can cause a strain. I'm seeing a therapist to to help me with my social anxiety though.

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

It's ok if your not a lesbian you can answer .
    I use to act crazy to hide my social anxiety except I didn't drink . wow that's so cool that your dating someone . I was thinking of seeing a therapist for this

7. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

She's been really helpful. My therapist, that is. I've also had to be on anti-anxiety meds before but I don't need them as much anymore.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

I've been thinking about going on meds

9. KWDBM

*waves to fellow social-anxiety-ers*

Relationship are all about balances, give-and-take and such. I've *been* the one in the relationship with social anxiety; She was wonderful, very understanding, never got mad if I needed to step outside or leave a group situation. In turn I helped her with her own problems, especially things like coming out.

I'd never turn someone down just because of potential baggage. I don't expect a relationship to be all smooth sailing.

10. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

Hi Hi :smilewave
    I hope my relationship is like this and she is understanding :confused:

11. Mysz

I would. I used to have it a lot, but since then I've become much more people-friendly, and I've always had a dominant personality. I like to look after people, and a girl with social anxiety would be intriguing to me, as in I'd not be pushed away but drawn to them. It's a difficult thing, to be sure.
    I wish you good luck =) (*hug*) Understanding is a key part to any relationship.

12. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

The last girl that I dated for three months had that as well. I was fine with it. I did want to be able to go to restaurants without a problem but I understood if she needed a particular seat. It would not bother me.

---------- Post added 6th Feb 2014 at 10:51 AM ----------

I concur with the previous responder that relationships really are a lots of give-and-take. Great point!!!