1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever done something you did not want to because someone you care for wanted

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Blondeye, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you ever done something because someone you care for wanted to do it?

Please tell us about it.(!)

2. Minamimoto_Fan

Re: Have you ever done something you did not want to because someone you care for wan

Well, I haven't exactly done it yet, but it is happening this Friday.

My boyfriend wants me to go on a double date with one of his ex's and to be frank, I do NOT like her one bit. I won't get too detailed about it, but if he wants to stay frinds with her, I will respect that and make sure things go alright

3. AlamoCity

Re: Have you ever done something you did not want to because someone you care for wan

Well, I watched all four seasons of Hannah Montana because my sister wanted me to watch them with her :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Does that count?

4. FrozenFae

One of my ex boyfriends was a big sports nut...and anyone that knows me knows that I can't stand sports.

I tried SO HARD to get into sports for him so we could have one more thing to do together. Eventually though, he told me I didn't have to try so hard and to just be myself :slight_smile:

On a more platonic note, I used to hang out all the time with my friend and his girlfriend because they enjoyed my company. Problem was I couldn't stand his girlfriend (she was immature and obnoxious) but I did it anyway so we could all have a good time laughing and having fun together.

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Man.

I feel like there's too many times I've done this. Well, I haven't cut my hair since July because my mother wants me to 'slow down'. I haven't openly binded my chest or presented male since September.

Basically, I'm being the wrong gender for her.

Even just minor things, like having to make dinner when I don't want to and have homework. I have to make people happy but I really don't think I've gotten anything back.

6. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yes. Too many times.

And I really have to learn to just say no.

This reminded me of the one time at work... One of my colleagues asked me if I'd be willing to give two people a lift to a mall near where I live (I drive past there). One of these people accompanied my colleague to my office, and I didn't want to just say no while I KNOW I could help. So, stupid me agreed to it. I had to drive these damn people and their shitload of luggage, and their mangy puppy to this mall. It drove me insane, because I really didn't want to do it. But because I have no backbone and because I'm a people pleaser, I didn't say no. Well, I'll be better prepared next time. I really have to learn to just say no, and stick with it. I have to add, they are basically homeless, and don't really have the means to care for the puppy, or treat its skin condition...

There have also been a couple of occasions where I'd give up something because someone asked for it (my neice for example). I'd kick myself later on, because I didn't say no. But I also didn't want to upset her, so I just gave her whatever it is she asked for (even if was like the last whatever)

And something else for my neice: I often have to give up watching MY programs on tv, and put the tv on the Disney channel for her to watch her kiddies shows :bang: I hate it, because everyone makes me do it, to give my neice her fucking way. It pisses me off but I can't say no. Not because I'm unable to, but because I'm being forced by other people to do it :tantrum:

So yeah, those are only a few examples of times I did something against my will to please other people... I hate being a people pleaser :dry:

7. setnyx

i had a dream when i was 18 to move to california but i stayed to take care of my mom, she wouldn't let a home nurse come give her insulin and meals on wheels would have brought her meals, all of which she COULD have done herself but she threatened to stop taking her meds and eating if i left her.on top of that i couldn't be the man i was inside because to her it was ( sick and send me to hell ).

8. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family

I had to go with my brother to see 300 at the midnight release because he didn't want go by himself. I didn't really like the movie, but at least all the men in it were half naked, so I guess that was a pro.

Though probably the worst one is buying cigarettes for my sister. I would be lying if it wasn't for her not paying me back, but it was mostly because I was adding to her addiction. I did eventually took a stand and told her I'm not buying her any more.

9. Nikky DoUrden

I want my friends to be happy so I some times do things even if they wouldn't be things I usually or at all do, but the feeling of your friend being happy is enough :grin:

10. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yes Alamo... That's nice!!! :slight_smile:

11. Cass

I smoked weed for a guy i liked
    I HATED IT

12. DrkRayne

Pretty much my partner can get me to do anything.

Including go to a gun range, watch Nascar, try weird food...yeah all sorts of stuff.

13. duende84

Too many times. Dont even know where to start. Helped one friend move house, twice! Because I think he is quite attractive. Hehe

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

A few cute girls that I liked :slight_smile:

15. animequeen567

I have given hundreds of dollars to my best friend to help him out because he was going bankrupt (he didn't ask) and now he has asked me for more money to help him out. Since I live with him, it's fine, but I didn't want to give as much as he asked for. If I didn't like him as much as I do, I probably wouldn't have given him the money so easily :icon_redf I'm going broke, but he's my friend and he needs help so I'm happy to help despite how reluctant I am.

16. GayDadStr8Marig

That's a rough one to admit to; this question kept me locked away in my second closet for 23 years!

I came out of my first closet when I was 18. Family freaked out and threatened to completely disown me. Being an immature 18 year old desperate to get a degree and get out of town to live my own life, I gave in, went back into my closet and pretended to be straight. Ended up married with kids. Now all these years later, I'm fighting my way out of depression and have started opening the closet door a bit... someday will I come out to my wife and kids? I hope I have the courage and strength... someday.

17. Kreiger

I let my sister have the last poptart. Does that count?

18. Sorceress of Az

I have done that all the time,
    the same people however when I want them to do some thing are too selfish too do what I want. That aggravates me to no end, and if I do some thing for them once they feel I am obligated to do it again after that one time of doing it.

For example my father wants to watch things he likes with me,
    and I will even if I don't like it,
    then if I try to get him to watch stuff I like with me,
    he will refuse. It's the most annoying thing in the world, and a lot of people I know do it.

19. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

FrozenFae,
    Sounds really really nice!!!
    :slight_smile:
    B

---------- Post added 6th Feb 2014 at 11:03 PM ----------

Wizard of Az,
    Sounds inCREDibly fruuuuuustrating! Wow!
    How do you cope with it? I am patient... But THAT could reaaaaalllly get to me!!!
    Grrrrr
    B

---------- Post added 6th Feb 2014 at 11:05 PM ----------

Kreiger,
    I heart your response. Verrrryyyy sweet!!!
    B

---------- Post added 6th Feb 2014 at 11:06 PM ----------

DrWonchester...
    Grrr... A BIT infuriating???
    B

---------- Post added 6th Feb 2014 at 11:08 PM ----------

GayDad,
    Hi hi!!! NOT easy!!! Siiiiigh. Hmmm. Challenging, hmmm?
    B

---------- Post added 6th Feb 2014 at 11:11 PM ----------

AnimeQueen567,
    I never imagined such darn difficult responses!!!! Sounds soooooo hard!!! Stressssssful!!!
    B

---------- Post added 6th Feb 2014 at 11:13 PM ----------

Stocking, ...
    Meaning that you DID the cute girls?
    Tough stuff!!! :slight_smile:
    B

---------- Post added 6th Feb 2014 at 11:14 PM ----------

Duende,
    Was it a BIT fun or did he buy you pizza? What did he wear? Anything memorable???
    B

---------- Post added 6th Feb 2014 at 11:16 PM ----------

DarkRayne,
    Is she creative? What was last for unique food?! Could be fun! No???
    B

---------- Post added 6th Feb 2014 at 11:17 PM ----------

Cass,
    Hmmm... Did he just want to watch you experiment???
    B

---------- Post added 6th Feb 2014 at 11:19 PM ----------

Mina,
    Keep is informed please??? :slight_smile:
    B

20. speakez

speakez Guest

I came out to my sister and a couple of friends over a decade ago. I was married to a really great guy at the time but knew I really didn't belong there. But he was a good honest loving man and when I told him how I felt about women, he begged me to please not leave him for a woman and to please not let his family know because he felt like a failure. He was always good to me and treated me like a queen and didn't deserve the pain I saw on his face. So, I promised. I had always said I loved the people I loved so much I would die for them. And in a way, I did by killing that part of me. But I really loved him. If only we hadn't had to have sex, life with him would have been good. He passed away from cancer just over a year ago. I stayed by his side constantly and he told me he appreciated the fact I was always there for him. I told him I did that because I loved him and he said he had always loved me too. From the time he was diagnosed to the time he passed away was less than 5 months. I am released from that promise now, but I don't regret making it or keeping it.

#20 speakez, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014