1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to draw the line?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Querying, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Querying

If a man falls in love with someone he believes to be a man, but is actually a woman, and he has not been attracted to any other men, is he 'gay' per se?

What about if a man falls in love with someone he believes to be a woman, but is axtually a man?

I was thinking about this in English class today as we were reading Twelfth Knight, and... Yeah.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well assuming they didn't turn round and go "THat's it I'm off girls FOREVER because I've found you!" when he fell for the 'guy' originally then that would make him bi if nothing else...

3. Querying

haha that's sort of what I was thinking, since they found themself able to be attracted to someone who they figured was male underneath the clothes...

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No change to orientation. If you fell in love with a REALLY convincing android connected remotely to a spectacularly powerful AI program and later found out the truth, does that make you a robosexual? I doubt it.

Also, Futurama ftw. :grin:

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In Shakespeare's Twelfth Night Sir Toby Belch was known to exclaim "A curse on those pickled herrings"

Perhaps that all that needs to be said about this particular, although intriguing, question.