1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My weird reaction to homophobia

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by maracont, Feb 6, 2014.

1. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    (don't know where to put this sorry move if you need to please)

So, many of us react to homophobia negatively, defensively, like bullying. Suicide even.
    Yet it seems that I am so grounded in my beliefs, and so inexperienced with homophobia, that when it happens to me I find it to be hilarious.
    They're just being so rediculous in their reaction to my sexuality, that I can't help but laugh at their face. This greatly confuses them.
    For example:
    T: your BISEXUAL WHAT!? *scoots desk over* You faggot!
    Me: *smiling* What? Whats your problem?
    T: I'm homophobic *I begin laughing* ITS ADAM AND EVE NOT ADAM AND STEVE!
    Me: *trying to talk between my manic laughter in a science class* Adam and steve OH MY GOD THATS CLESHE! :lol:
    T: . . .

So yeah, this is what my friends do when it happens to me too. What is supposed to be making me feel bad has just turned into them being laughed at and called stupid. They usually can't deal with it and just go away and stop talking to us, after calling us all fags of course. :eusa_danc

So has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm just curious ive never heard of anyone who deals with it like this.

(im really sorry does this go into coming out stories or general support i just do not know)

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lmao ahahahahahah u handle homophobia well. Well when someone says something homophobic I'm just dead silent so I don't laugh at homophobia I'm just quiet… that was still funny about how u react to homophobia.

3. FrozenFae

I'm usually the nice, quiet kind person everyone knows that wouldn't hurt a fly.

That's why I always get a kick out of just unleashing a torrent of abuse right back at my would-be tormenters. I give it my all and usually leave people just standing there with their mouths hanging open, saying things like "Did Frozen Fae REALLY say that? I didn't think he had it in him"

I'm a sweetheart normally, just don't piss me off by spouting off ignorant bigoted crap in my presence or else I Hulk out big time.

4. duende84

Because I am not out completely I sometimes have to face a heap of homophobic remarks. But I do not get myself into a stressed state, I just put up a face that clearly shows I dont think it is amuzing.

On the same subject, I wish I can start with a serious gym program and when Mr Right cross my path take his had. And when we walk somewhere and someone makes a shitty homophobic remark, walk up to him with buffed arms, flex them a bit, and ask him in a deep calm voice "you got a problem?" ... hehehe!

5. PurpleGrey

Funny you should mention it, I sometimes look for funny homophobic bullshit on the net. Can't seem to find much more then the same damn "don't ever bitch about my cooking" joke. Jeez, if I had to, I'm sure I could think of better crap.

6. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha. Never be so cheap that you take a knife to a gunfight. :badgrin:

7. DrkRayne

For me it depends on who it is. Strangers make me laugh, and then make me wanna "lez it up" because I feel like annoying them for being jerks.
    ie. the couple a the table near yours in the resturant gives you evil looks, so you lean over and kiss your gf and smile at them"

When its people I know...not so much. it makes me stressed and upset.

8. KWDBM

lol I've done that quite a few times, DrkRayne. I just think it's funny that these strangers apparently think that glaring at us will change anything; We'll stop holding hands, or feel suitably chastised or something. Yeah right.

My automatic reaction to most any homophobic slur is basically "yup, that's me, what of it?". I don't really care what I get called or what people accuse me of, they don't run my life and aren't important enough for me to get upset over, so yeah let them think whatever they want.

9. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    I use the experience to make them feel super uncomfortable.. kind of mocking their ignorance thing, and i feel a bit arrogant, because i think of myself as better then them, when in reality im just more open minded -- and idk how that translates to "Better" in my mind, but it just does xD i dont feel bad immediately, because a laugh is a laugh, lol.

Im kind of a bitch... but thats just me

If im having a bad day, i just roll my eyes or say something super clever under my breath that they don't hear, lol.

Good days i laugh :slight_smile:

10. drewf91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think that is great. I avoid situations where I would experience in-person-homophobia, but I do keep on situations with the radical Methodists in our own country and in Africa, and Russia, as well as pretty much everywhere... anyway I pretty much just see sad, pitiful, ignorance in homophobia.
    Religious reasoning is out-dated and contradictory, science shows that there is homosexuality in nature, as well as the fact that it is not something controlled.
    For some people, it is sad that they get caught up in cultures that pretty much lead them into this way, and I feel bad for those people.