1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little request. An odd one.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IGetWeak, Feb 8, 2014.

1. IGetWeak

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, everyone. My name is Jacob and I'm very interested in the 80's; the music, the people, the events.
    Lately, I've been thinking a lot about writing a story about a gay character who lived his teenage years in the late eighties and finally, I've decided to do it. The only problem is that... I never actually lived during that period of time. I am a teenager in these times, when the Internet has the answers to all my questions. The thing I'm asking for, guys, is a little help from you. If you were a teen in the eighties and you're willing to answer me some questions, respond to this thread and I will contact you.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Simple Thoughts

I'm not from the 80's myself, but if you have no luck finding someone to talk to about this. You can also try media. I mean there are probably tons of movies and books written about teens that were made/written in the 80's which might give you a rough idea. :slight_smile:

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, and welcome to EC.

It's great that you're writing, and it sounds like it will be an interesting story. Be sure to include the bad hair and clothes from that era :slight_smile:

Keep in mind that, since you are a regular member, all contact and communication will have to take place either here in the forums or on your wall. Off-site contact is not permitted, and private messaging is only permitted among full members. You have to have 50+ posts and two weeks membership time before you can apply, and right now it is taking us 2-3 weeks to approve member applications.

But you should be able to get everything you need in the public forums and wall postings, so hopefully that won't pose a problem in the meantime.