1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what's your worst drinking experience

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dano218, Feb 8, 2014.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One time me and my boyfriend were getting drunk and I passed out and was sleeping. It was not the best time to get drunk it was like 5 pm and my parents called me and I did not answer. So they went over to my place and found me drunk and passed out and thought I was dying so they took me over to their place and next thing I know I woke up on my parent's couch. I was horrified and they did not know I had a man in my life until they found me drunk which made even more bad. I was in so much trouble and the lecture was bad. My bf was left alone in my place the whole time while I was sleeping on my parent's couch. We both learned never to drink during daytime because my parents might come over. It was a mess.

2. IJustWantToLove

The worst experience I ever had connected to drinking was a New Years Eve couple of years ago. I wasn't the one super drunk though, but it's a night I remember quite well =/
    We were a group of friends hanging out at a friends house and of course, we all drank pretty much since nobody planned on going home but crashing at my friends place. We had a lot of fun, but sometime during the night (must have been well past midnight, don't remember the time...) one of my friends just passed out really badly and it ended with having to call an ambulance to get him to hospital, where he got his stomach pumped because of alcohol poisoning =/
    The fun was over afterwards... we were really bummed out 'cause we felt like we let him down with not noticing how much he already had before he passed out... Way to start a new year...

3. FrozenFae

This one didn't happen to me, but it still counts as my worst drinking experience by proxy.

New Year's Eve 2013. Me and my boyfriend at the time were making huge plans to ring in the new year together. Have a few drinks with our friends, play some games and share a long passionate kiss at the stroke of midnight (something neither of us had done with anyone else so it was going to be a special milestone for our relationship.)

The night started out fun enough. We met up with another couple we were friends with, busted out the karaoke machine, ate some pizza - everyone was having a great time.

Then out comes the booze for the drinking games. We were playing quarters and had a variety of hard liquors on hand. Me being a rum person, had the bottle of Kraken out for me and my boyfriend to do shots from. What I was uninformed of was that my boyfriend was a tremendous lightweight and underestimated his capability to hold his liquor.

Naturally, the other couple played the game much better and we were the ones drinking the most shots....

45 minutes later...it starts to hit my boyfriend HARD. Off comes his shoes, he's red in the face and sweating, despite it being quite chilly that night. I suggested we step outside on the deck and get some fresh air and take a break from the game. He agreed but wanted to use the bathroom first. I went outside and lit up a cigarette waiting for him.

As I was smoking, Cole, one of the other people comes out and tells me I might want to get back inside and check on Wade (my boyfriend). I do so and I hear him in the bathroom cursing at himself...then the sounds of vomiting. I ask if he is ok and needs anything like a glass of water, but he doesn't answer me. I'm getting worried at that point and tell him that if he doesn't answer me, I'm going to have Cole unlock the door from the outside and check on him myself.....no reply.

So I get Cole to unlock the bathroom. Wade is halfway sprawled out in from of the toilet, vomit everywhere...and he is sobbing his eyes out while puke is dribbling out of his mouth. He's sobbing to me how sorry he is that he ruined the night, that now we won't be able to have our midnight kiss...and SCARED OUT OF HIS MIND that I am going to leave him after witnessing all this...all the while Cole and his girlfriend watching.

I grab a towel and clean him up as best I can, trying to soothe him and reassure him that I am not going to leave him over this...that everyone has one moment like this in their lives and not to worry. I ask Cole to go get me a glass of water for Wade, which he does...and as he is coming back Wade starts sobbing again saying that we probably won' be able to have sex that night. I hate admitting this, but that kind of embarrassed me (I don't like talking about my sex life in front of friends) but I give him the water and make him take small sips.

Cole and I then walk him to the couch and lay him down with a bowl next to him in case he needed it during the night. He passed out about 10 minutes later. I thank Cole for his help, go out on the deck and smoke a few cigarettes, come back inside and roll out my blanket next to the couch and go to sleep next to Wade, missing our New Year together because of alcohol. It was about 11:35 at night when I went to bed - 25 more minutes and we could have shared that special kiss.

And this is why I don't do a lot of drinking.

4. Skov

Drank too much one night in high school. I puked all over my friend's room I was sleeping in and was puking a good chunk of the next day because I kept forcing myself to eat and stuff. I told my parents it was food poisoning

5. biggayguy

I went out clubbing with my then girlfriend until the 2 in the morning. We were both pretty drunk when we got back to her apartment. We got into a crazy argument and I flipped her the finger. She told me to get out or she would call the police. I said I was staying so she reached for the phone. That made me so mad that I left and started "walking" ten blocks home through downtown. After a couple of blocks of yelling I realized that it wasn't such a good idea to draw attention to myself, alone, downtown, at 2 in the morning. I managed to quietly get back to my place after that.

6. fairyinkcap

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The one time I've been drinking without having eaten anything that day. My friend and I were drinking cider in her bedroom - classy teens - and I'd had about a litre. I felt sick and started vomiting big time in the bathroom, not unusual apart from the fact that there were spots of blood in it. My friend started freaking out a bit. I lay down in her room and didn't want to move cause I felt so nauseous but she was trying to pull me up cause her parents didn't know we were drinking and I was, yno, smashed. As soon as she pulled me up I started vomiting EVERYWHERE, all over her bed, which had 2 duvets on it, then she the me her bin which was dumb since it was wire mesh so it just flowed onto the floor. I was so embarrassed that I ran out of the house and didn't go back for two months, as well as buying her two new duvets and a new bin.

7. duende84

Too many to mention. Yikes. I must admit I was a big boozer from my late teens to mid 20's. I was always the one that wanted to be the one who could do the most shots, the most this and the most that. And most of the time it did not end well with me being as sick as a dog and/or embarrising myself.

These days I am a bit wiser. When I do decide to drink a bit for the night I stick strictly to a single type of booze. Either beer or brandy (and Cola) or whiskey and water.

Shooters/shots are the worst idea ever, especiall when you already riding a nice beer-buzz.

My last time of hard drinking was the 5th of Jan this year with a friend. It was me and him and a bottle of Chivas, water and ice. On the local airfield. Had an great time chatting about heart-matters and by midnight the bottle was on its last breath. I felt sure as heck nicely snozzeled but fine enough to drive back home slowly (Kids, dont do this! I live on a farm outside town and the road is usually very quiet). But man oh man, the next day I had the worst hangover I had in probably a year. My head was pounding.

These days, when I do go out to drink there is three limiting factors: money, being caught drunk driving and the HANGOVER...

Kids, dont drink like maniacs. It is not sexy at all when you flop around and spray vomit all over the show. It kills you slowly and makes you grow old very fast. And it makes you do things you usually end up regretting.

8. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Worst time:

Once some years back, I was at a party, slipped, fell, and gashed my forehead above my eye really badly. I was really faint and bleeding all over, so they called an ambulance, and I ended up with 6 stitches kinda under my eyebrow, and a horrible black eye. The scar is gone now, but it was pretty scary.

Strangest time:

Also quite a few years back: My mate and I went out to the local Tavern, and met some friends, then went back to their place at this arts/loft warehouse. We woke up in our underwear, covered in paint, having no idea what happened. Turned out we rolled around in paint, and then on these big sheets of paper for somebody's art project. A few people still tease us about that night.

~

Now, I've come to have be more cautious, and stick with wine mostly, and and not go overboard. For a while, we were both pretty crazy, almost like a male punk version of that show, 'Absolutely Fabulous'.

My advice: Be careful with drinking...it can be fun, but it can also get dangerous/weird really quickly. It's a lot more potent drug of a drug than people think.

#8 HuskyPup, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  9. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Halloween, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1981. I went down to State Street with friends dressed as a nun with a bottle of (I think) screwdrivers, and suddenly was in bed in my dorm room the next morning, still dressed as a nun, blood on my hands, and wishing I were dead because of the god-awful pain in my head. I assumed someone had gotten hurt and asked what happened to account for the blood, and evidently it was mind--I had fallen and cut my hand, although the way my head felt, I could have cut the hand OFF and would not have realized it. Apparently I had also gotten off the elevator on the wrong floor and gone to the room below mine and got very obnoxious because there were "strangers in my room", and had also been pretty much of a troublemaker before I finally passed out. I had other bad experiences there as well, but this may have been the worst because I truly haven't the slightest idea what the hell I might have done.

10. KazTastic

Pretty much all of the times when I've gotten drunk alone - which, sadly, is every time I get drunk. It mainly consists of me either cackling like a witch at some of the weirdest things, or crying uncontrollably.

11. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cackling like a witch? Hah - people generally knew I was well on the way because I would start over-enunciating everything because I thought it made me sound more sober! "He's going all Shakespearian again - he must be in the bag!"

12. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Played a game of "caps", basically you sit on the floor with a mug of beer between your spread-out legs and the other guy has to flip a beercap into your glass. If he succeeds you have to drink said beer....

He was a good shot and I wasn't...thank heavens the toilet wasn't too far away, my entire dinner revisited me.

13. Awkward Balloon

I was at my friend's 18th, and I only knew him because his parents were friends with mine. Because of this, my family came to the party too.
    I had a few cans and I was fine. Then I was going to the bathroom, which was beside the alcohol, and some girls came over and asked me to pour them a shot. I felt obliged to have one myself, and this led to more with them.
    Then I went to sit with my parents to sober up. One minute I was happily chatting to my mom next I was throwing up from the chair. Ten minutes later I was in an alley sitting in a pile of my own vomit with my parents screaming at me. It was at this time that the police showed up, but luckily I was not found.
    Then my parents drove me home and sat me out in our garden for a few hours, letting me empty my stomach. I woke up in a towel sticky with throw-up on my kitchen floor.

14. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really drink much but the one time I actually threw up from drinking--it was after Pride and probably had as much to do with sun poisoning as it did with alcohol poisoning--there was pecan pie involved. It's not a good thing to throw up.:lol:

15. awesomeness

I don't think any of these were necessarily 'bad' experiences, but they were a bit crazy

- Got wasted at a school-party and decided to introduce myself to my crush's friends (luckily it went really good, they just thought I was some nice and funny drunk dude)

- Got wasted at a school trip, me and a few friends decided to go to a strip club, so in my drunken state I decide to take my shirt off and go up on the stripper stage. One of my friends followed me and we nearly got kicked out of the club

- Was at another school party, got completely smashed and I puked TWICE in front of around 15-20 people

- Made out with some girl at a house party, got the worst cold I've ever gotten in my life. I had to miss 4 days of school. I don't wanna know where her mouth had been before we kissed..

#15 awesomeness, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  16. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wanted to test my alcohol resistance. I drank at least 20 units of Rum within 4 hours and my head was spinning. The world was moving away from me. I could still walk but it was a little shaky and the floor was more comfortable. I felt extremely nauseous. I feared I was gonna throw up several times. It was awful! I managed to sleep and when I woke up I had a headache for another several hours.

I'm glad I haven't had any social drinking disasters. I've talked way too open sometimes. That's it. When I'm tipsy I'm all for world peace and happy.

17. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At my undergrad school there's a day of drinking and festivities where they get you up at like 6 am and you start drinking, and then the actual events start around 10 am. One year I had 3 or 4 bottles of cheap flavored wine by about 9:30, and I remember being in the bathroom of my dorm room around then. Next thing I remember it was 4 pm and I was in my bed with a massive headache and no idea how or when I'd gotten into bed. I missed the entire day.

18. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just had a headache after slamming down a shot and a half of Smirnoff.

19. tscott

OMG, Choirboy not one, but both posts could have been written by me...exception I went to a much smaller school...my humiliation was greater...and not only do I start "going all Shakespearian" I also start acting very, very proper...I'd be a good butler when drunk.

It was a cast party for "Hamlet" freshman year, I played one of the gravediggers. Well, it was the first and last time I ever mixed drinks. The party was off campus, drinking age was 21 in PA so there were consequences for drinking on campus. We made it past the dean's and the chaplin's houses, but my 2 friends didn't want to risk taking me to upper campus to my dorm...did I mention I did a swan dive off the bridge into the creek that divides upper and lower campus...I remember that one of my mates was going to punch my lights out if I didn't stop singing...so I got dumped with my other mate into his dorm room only to be awakened early in the AM by his retuning roommate to find a still drunk stranger in his bed and his roommate passed out...never mind the reek of vomit emminating from the waste paper can next to his bed...I was summarily kicked out and had to walk up the hill to upper campus surely looking like the wrath of God...shocking the church going population of our campus...after sleeping until 6, I thought I could stomach some food...when I arrived at the men's dining hall I was given a standing ovation by those associated with the play and those who heard...Thus endeth the lesson...never mix, never overindulge, never forget.

20. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It was around three years ago that a classmate invited me over to a kickback at his friend's house one night. I brought another friend along, as well as a few brews, and it didn't take long for everyone to start drinking and smoking, but I was so caught up in the moment I didn't realize how much was consumed in such a short time span.

Everything *seemed* fine, until I made my second or third trip to the bathroom in the middle of a beer pong game, only to find myself on the floor a few minutes later. At the time, I just thought, "I'll pick myself up and continue where I left off," thinking it would be like getting myself out of bed on a Monday morning, proving just how far out of it I was.

Anyway, it took one of the guys to make a bathroom trip and find me for me to finally leave the spot. It gets blurry here, and I remember people freaking out, talking about cops, and how we had to leave right then and there. I also remember having to be dragged out through the front door while the ten or so guys stared at us wide-eyed.

So yeah, I spent the night at my friend's house, after vomiting for what seemed like hours on some school sidewalk, since I knew my parents would have questions and I'd be in deep sh*t. It was an embarrassing experience since I've always been the one to think, "Wow, what an idiot" whenever someone puked in the bushes, or passed out in the middle of a room, but at the same time, it was fun in a masochistic sort of way.

Today, whenever I ask my friend about it, he says, "We thought you were dying!" What I do know is that in those two or so hours, I had way more alcohol (two types of beer, rum shots) and weed than anyone with my body type, experience, and personality has any right taking. It was probably the first time I truly tested my limits, without a care for consequences, so at least something was learned...