1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being lesbian is a T R E N D

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by apocalypse, Feb 8, 2014.

1. apocalypse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since I came out as lesbian so many people are JEALOUS of me. They literally disregard every struggle I go through, they don't care, they just WANT TO BE GAY.

Now I've always been copied for random shit I do. I started an ear cuff trend, a dykey pixie cut trend, and now everyone is calling themselves dyke and dressing "lesbian chic" because they think it's so cool and different.

I started an ear cuff thing because people thought they were cool. Big deal.

I got a choppy pixie cut and suddenly my best friend got one the next day (she's really popular and gets SO jealous when I get more attention than her), and now there are 35+ girls at my school who have pixies or undercuts which happened literally within 2 weeks after I got mine done.

Okay, so I was going for a Tegan Quin look, big deal. It's okay that people wanted haircuts too, I thought it was neat that I started that.

BUT NOW.....
    Literally the day after I came out as lesbian one of my now ex-friends who has hooked up with I kid you not over 40 guys at this school, and has sex just to come off as a "seductive" girl (she has horrible self-confidence and she's very catty), started complaining that she wished she was at least bisexual, if not lesbian. Now she has no attraction to girls whatsoever, but the next day SHE HOOKED UP WITH MY BEST FRIEND'S TWIN SISTER.
    :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
    But the thing is, she told me later that she didn't do it because she's attracted to her, she did it BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO BE BISEXUAL AND ADMITTED SHE WAS REPULSED BY IT......then had a threesome with the same girl and some random dude at my school 2 days after that. Like are you kidding me?????

I'm dating my best friend now, who is bisexual and more attracted to guys, but lately she's just been calling herself a lesbian, dyke, which is okay that now she's more identified to the gay community than bi community. But now she calls herself a full-time lesbian even though she said she's about 70% attracted to guys.....

Now I'm getting a bad name at this school because guys don't believe I'm gay, they just thought I was FOLLOWING A TREND for attention.

Nobody takes me seriously, and now everyone and their parents know that I'm gay, and every single bisexual (sometimes even straight) girl is calling herself a lesbian because it's just "cool"

Right now I am absolutely fuming, I shouldn't be this mad about it but the ONE PART of me that took me years to accept is a joke in everyone's eyes. It's disgusting.

My girlfriend is trying on clothes at some store and she sent me a picture with the caption "OMG I'm such a lesbian, look how much flannel I'm wearing"....
    .....like even before we started dating she tried to hard to look like a lesbian and act like one. And she completely denies it and is like "Oh shut up, you're not even 100% gay (For the record dicks make me nauseous and I am repulsed by the idea of dating guys, no offense LOL....), so you can't even tell me I'm not a dyke because being bi and gay is the same thing" like she infuriates me so much, and I tell her exactly what I mean, but then she goes "I'm not fake!! I'm just gay!!!" then people ask her if she's gay, and she says yes because being sexually attracted exclusively to women is the same exact thing as being sexually attracted to both men and women. Sexuality is fluid but this makes me smh.

BTW This forum really needs a rant room, sorry for all this lol:sleep:

2. Noir

Oh wow, that's awful!! I can definitely understand your frustration. How inconsiderate, and just plain rude!! I'm sorry you're dealing with so many ignorant copy-cats--they should really respect you AND your orientation a lot more! Especially the part about "being bi and lesbian is basically the same thing! :thumbsup:":dry: No. No, it's not. Why would you even say that? Uggghh, people can be infuriating, and it made me angry reading about it!

I hope things get better and they wise-up soon!

#2 Noir, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  3. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :confused: This has to be some weird movie plot. Well... That is weird.
    I can see how it would drive you crazy. I thought this was going to be a rant or something about people accusing it of being a trend, not literally people saying/doing that. Just.. I don't.. wow. Weird.
    I was thinking there might should be a rant thread here not too long ago, a forum I used to be on had one. I guess the thinking thread is sort of close.
    I don't know what to say that would be helpful. That is weird as fuck.
    Also, I'm bi and last time I checked I am not at the same time gay. (*hug*)
    I guess high school is just weird.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wow we're in trouble those girls like that ruin the bisexual orientation now their gonna do the same thing to us . :tears:

5. erikira

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Okay, so like I don't even know how to react to that. I mean, major props for starting a fashion trend, but in regards to wanting to be lesbian is rather.. insane (in the membrane). It's like these people are oblivious to what we've gone through prior to coming out.

BUT HEY THERE'S SOMETHING I CAN RELATE TO:
    My girlfriend's bisexual, also predominantly into guys. Lately, she's also been calling herself a lesbian and I'm pretty proud of her considering how far she's come. I mean at this point I have no idea where she stands in her sexuality now, because she's been bathing people (she's training to become a CNA, so it's all for good reason, haha) and also find dicks to make her nauseous.

But of all the bisexuals and lesbians at my school, there's like 3 (including me). One's extremely butch, while my girlfriend's extremely girly, and I'm smack dab in the middle. I mean there's definitely a difference between being lesbian and bisexual verses an individual's choices when it comes to gender expression; combining the two into the Lesbian Trend is actually upsetting for me too.

Much love and hopefully things start to simmer down.

6. juliegt6

Ooh! I'm trendy now!

People seriously think this is a thing? Kyle and Stan were right, at least a quarter of people are stupid.

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Great now the straight guys that are douche bags are gonna be harassing us more :tantrum:

I'm just gonna do what I do best just be myself and tell any guy off that harasses me and my girlfriend .:dry:

8. girlonfire

Ooooh shit, give me a location and there will be a guaranteed 30 KOs/comas/deaths tomorrrow

exhibit A on why I hated straight people for a while

9. Renge

Oh, is wearing flannel gay?

10. NorthernKnight

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hm. When I came out the only change that occurred for me was a growth of female attention - in that they mistakenly assumed I would be their "experiment" willingly.

And Renge it's a stereotype but I can't deny it's truth for me being that despite my predominantly black wardrobe there is flannel to be found lol

And I'm definitely not bi but "bi" means "two" therefore not "one" I'M PRETTY DAMN SURE

11. boyatstake

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, i think the same trend happens to gay not only lesbian! However, when it comes to love, I am all for choosing the one I have real feelings towards :slight_smile:

12. frkn frk

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Do not be too upset over "the trend". It's a pity..they are emotionally short circuiting. high libido now, frigid l8r It's a secret society thing for them...like freemasons or something

13. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Dont worry,here what is going to happen:

1- people are in a trend, so many prople wont take you seriously, specialy homophobrs
    2- many will tell you: "you are just following a trend, look how all these 'lesbians' are with boyfriend after a few months, you can stop"
    3- "the trend ended long ago, why do you keep doing this?" " you havent found the right guy"
    4- why are you still with that trend, it alre... "Oh! You are married to a woman!, so it was for real!" And you will be there with your best 'are yo fucking kidding me!/ You dont fucking say!" Face.
    5- you will be known as an unquestionable lesbian and most people will leave you alone/take you seriously, except for the usual stupid everyone finds from time to time.

14. Envira

i'm really sorry. i literally cringed the whole way through your post. that must suck. but they'll hopefully get over it soon. I don't really know what advice to give you, so for that i'm also sorry. :slight_smile:

15. NorthernKnight

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well our society has a scewed male view of female sexuality/gender.

Lesbians either hate men or can't get them.
    Bisexual women are secretly straight.
    Trans*women have "penis envy."

A lot of people take on that male view without realising it and that whole idea that women's lives somehow revolve around men has yet to dissipate.

And it sucks that you have to deal with these girls because they'll stop eventually...and further contribute to the beliefs above.

This is why we can't have nice things.

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Some straight men even had the attude that women belong to them . I answered a question yesterday on another site about girls kissing girls and a guy commented and said how are you suppose to know about this your a girl ? :bang:

17. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well not that it makes up for what's happening to you from these girls, don't forget there is the "metrosexual" trend out there for gay men as well.

18. Nick07

oh, the rant was awesome!! I couldn't stop reading even though I am not a lesbian. Oh, wait a moment... maybe I could be? :eusa_danc :icon_wink

(*hug*)

19. Ignorance

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh... that must suck.
    But don't worry, it's a trend, and trends usually fade away quickly. Before you notice, those girls will be into some other thing.
    Ignore them and focus on the good things of your life.
    Also, I loved your rant :grin: Maybe this page should have a rant room, after all.

20. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry you have to go through this. It really sucks. Sorry, I don't have any advice. Just giving some support (*hug*)

(It's actually a compliment to you, because people look up to you to show them the way, even though they see it as a trend only)