1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Synesthesia

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bright Eyes, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Bright Eyes

I was wondering if there were any other synesthetes on here. :smilewave

I have three types of synesthesia:
    OLP (Ordinal Linguistic Personification) synestisia- Basically, anything witha shape (numbers, letters, objects, you name it) have a gender and/or personality traits.
    Grapheme Coloor Synesthesia- Numbers, months, letters, pretty much anything in a sequence has color.
    So I percieve the number 3 as slightly pinkish red and a very mean girl.
    I also have a little bit of Chromesthesia (sound--> color) synestisia. When I listen to music it sounds like colors and shapes. Voices too.
    I had no idea I was different until a very short while ago. I just thought everyone was like this. :lol:

2. LongMayIReign

I have two types:
    Letters and more so numbers correlate to a color, gender, and personality (6 is red, female, and extremely maternal)
    Music is different 'waves' of color almost. Like a concert A flat is five stripes of varying thickness and blue.

I didn't know I was different for a long time too :grin: I read the book "A Mango Shaped Space" in sixth grade and had an epiphany :slight_smile:

3. Dryad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I relate numbers with certain colors and textures, sometimes personality traits. 4 is orange and an bit rough and grumpy, 5 is pink and smooth and girly, 9 is blue and glossy and nobble. Also I apply personality traits to letters, depending on the way I draw them. Music notes have their own colors, too. C is red, D is orange, E is pink.
    If i try, i may remember more. 2 is light yellow and soft and naive. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    It's the first time I hear about synesthesia. Don't we all do that?

#3 Dryad, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
  4. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

I have many different synesthesias as it is uncommon to only have one, or none for that matter :grin:
    The two most prominent is:
    Chromestesia- seeing sound
    Mirror-Touch Synesthesia- literally feeling other people's pain.
    It's like being psychic but scientifically proven! :grin:

5. Linus626

Hello, I'm Linus, 18 years old from Germany.
    I have also Synaesthesia. Do you know, if the hormone therapy (FtM) can have an influence on synaesthesia? I couldn't find anywhere the answer to my question and it is very important for me. Thank you and best regards, Linus.