1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isn’t it awkward when………

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chamber of Life, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Chamber of Life

Well I’m not out to everyone, just close friends, but what I’m about to tell you it happens a lot to me.

Isn’t awkward when you go some where with your friends and one of your friends invites a newbie. Say you guys are all talking around a table at a restaurant and a gay topic comes up. (That’s always happened, why?:tantrum:slight_smile: All your friends know that you’re gay/lesbian/bisexual, besides that one newbie/ tag-along and suddenly on the gay topic they start bashing gays and saying a bunch of negative shit. All your friends just sit their not saying anything and their eyes go straight to you. Which they try not to make obvious to the newbie/tag-along. Then they leave you to change the subject. GRRRRRRRR that happens to me a lot and quite f-ing frankly I’m getting sick of it!:bang:

What about you guys?

2. Beebo

What bugs me is when people ask me if I have a girlfriend, I mean I know these are different situations, but I feel so awkward when someone asks me that... because I am out to absolutely everyone... I mean... and I know it isn't their fault... but it is just something that really bugs me.

I know what you mean though Doctor, because I myself grew up in a hugely pro-gay-bashing town. I had to sit and listen to all of my friends make fun of gay people, and rant about how LGTB people are freaks, and hellbound monsters.

I mean... I guess it's different with you, but in the end, don't let that crap cast shame on you, think of how bad of a reputation he has just gained with your friends :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

hahah, I bet it's super awkward tho. LMAO.

Love you Chamber.

3. Chamber of Life

Yeah, your situation is awkard and annoying like you said. That would drive me nuts. I like hearing all awkard gay tales. And thats true about how my friends view that short, annoying, monster, devil's spawn, evil little man. I dont like him very much.

4. Master Hade

Master Hade Guest

i never hear gay bashing i would totaly want to just to hear it... is that wierd
    ??

5. LOVEjames

I'm comfortable enough that I just sit there and smile when they go to all of their gay bashing, and I'll just talk with them about everything that they say, and show them my views. If they eventually ask if I'm gay (or rather, 'a faggot'), I'll say that I am, and that whoever I'm with is okay with it, and you're hanging out with a bunch of fags and fag hags.

<3 I don't mind coming out to random people, at all.

6. Vampyrecat

Usually I tell them to shut up and stop insulting me. I'm pretty defensive. :grin:

and then I ask them if they're hiding their sexuality by masking all their insecurities.

7. Tim

Tim

I've had it happen only once, but my friends actually said something, so I guess my friends are good :astonished: I know what you mean though :wink:

8. gentlegiant4

Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Ahaha. This happened to me once, I was with 3 people, a friend, my best friend, and a co-worker he brought along. All of us were getting along great, when lo and behold a gay topic is mentioned and the co-worker starts going off on gays. After 30 seconds of awkwardness and sheepish grins from my friends to me my best friend goes "My best friend is gay, you know".

Co-worker: "Wha-? But your best friend is Ni-" (points to me)

(I smile faintly)

CW: "...Well, I'm a douche."

9. SkyTears

Yeah. One of my friends was really good at changing topics on a dime, no joke, he was pretty cool when it come to people like this. a 2nd preson just goes "i'm sorry" when the person leaves. another one of my friends just goes, "change the topic please." in a blunt manner but she knows I don't care who she tell so she doesn't really need to keep it on the hush hush.

10. TriBi

^ hehe - I liked this way of dealing with it!

11. abercrombieboi

i tend to snap back and tell them if it bothers them so much to go find other friends... lols then if they keep bothering me i tell them i'll kiss them if they dont go away :slight_smile: usually works :slight_smile:

12. Tim

Tim

Haha, that reaction was awesome XD