1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so confused, someone please help

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Some Dude, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I went to upstairs at around midnight, saying I was going to sleep, I go backdown stairs to get water a few minutes later and my dad is getting his shoes on to go out the door, I ask him where he is going an he says he thinks he left his phone in the car from when he was at the gym. I mention that his phone has been sitting in the counter all day an he claims he thought it was in the car. Not trusting him, I go back upstairs and wait outside my room for 30 minutes to hear if he's left. Suddenly I hear what sounds a lot like our front door closing so I hurry down stairs and nothing. He is not downstairs at all, his car was still there. I know he didnt go upstairs because I was standing next to the stairs listening.

Now I have no idea what is going on at all, someone please help me figure this out

2. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Maybe he went for a walk around the block? Maybe he's one of those people who smoke occasionally but never around the house (or around the spouse who doesn't like it)? Just noticed MA so I guess he had a coat on as well?

BTW the cell phone in the car thing was probably a polite way to say "I'm going outside and don't want to tell you why cause it's none of your business".

#2 awesomeyodais, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  3. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He's not the kind of person to smoke or go for a walk around the block. Its about 0 degrees outside now as well

4. KThomps

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey sorry I just joined and I don't know how I can get people to view and comment on my blog

5. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People who smoke aren't "kinds of person(s)". They're quite often just regular people with a habit (that happens to have negative health repercussions). All sorts of people smoke, from friendly old grandmothers to columbian drug lords. You can't really judge whether someone smokes based off of their personality.

Aside from that, it could be any number of things, but unless you checked his room and found it empty, it seems like he went outside briefly and then returned to bed. I can't really imagine him doing anything in such a short time period that you should really be worried about.

6. Simple Thoughts

Hard to say honestly. It sounds like he was up to something really. Who knows what, but to be fair it's really more or less his business and not yours. I'd suggest just respecting his privacy and letting it go. If he wanted you to know, he'd tell you about it. Also, there is also that possibility that you're just getting yourself all paranoid. ^^

7. boyatstake

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You may be worried because this is not the only misterious thing he has done recently, is that right? If yes, you should observe more and talk to him often, indirectly, so that you yourself can figure it out.
    But i dont think you should be worried that much, maybe he just wants to finish some personal stuffs ( hopefully not cheating or bad things :slight_smile: you should give him some time of his freedom and own space. It'll be fine :slight_smile: no worries

8. asdf38

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm curious now. It is suspicious but it's prob nothing. Be cool and if it gets to the point call him out in it. If you figure it out you should post a follow up.

9. Reddy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    As a father myself, and with my own nosy kids around, maybe the car is the only place he can uh.. "release some tension"...?