1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreams ... the vivid mind-movies that gets us thinking

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by duende84, Feb 9, 2014.

1. duende84

Dreams ... the vivid mind-movies that gets us thinking

I am always facinated by vivid dreams maybe because I do not dream a lot or maybe because I believe that dreams are a form of a devine message.

Last night I had my first vivid dream in a long time.

It started off with me going to some "express" councillers office. She would not see me and I ended up yelling at her that she is a fraud.
    Then I find myself in the street chatting with a friend of my mother who is a therapist about this fraud.
    Later I found myself is a house I never have been in before, in a room with a friend of mines' twin brother. He walks up to me and gives me a very teasing passionate kiss which leaves me stunned and half-paralised (maybe because he is hot...?)
    Again later I find myself in a warehouse with a friend of mine from school. The warehouse is full of old vehicles and machinery and is dimly lit. I walk up to my friend and embrace him and kiss him repeatedly in his neck and on the side of his cheek whilst expressing my admiration towards him as a friend in my life. But the weird thing is he has passed away in 1999 in a motor accident. We were never super-buddies but I was with him in school since 1991. It was tragic day when we got the news that he was killed in an accident. A few weeks/days before he passed we shared a few "connected" moments at school.

Sometimes I have a recurring dream where I find myself alone in a luxury holiday home at the coast. Wonder what that means... :rolle:

2. Nikky DoUrden

Maybe your mind trying to check how would it be if u two would continue being friends and how it could turn out ?
    A lot of times in dreams we (our mind) try to check things and push boundaries, I had a lot of dreams about hugging/kissing my best friend in school even though I had no courage ever of doing that.

3. PurpleGrey

Why can't I have dreams like that? Mine tend to be me or the main character(s) trying to escape some horrible torture or death.

4. sanguine

well the dream makes its obvious that you really want to get intimate with someone, I think the guys you've said are probably just people you would be happy to see yourself with, maybe because you havent really put a face on the dream guy.

and lucky you, my dreams dont even make sense at all, more than half the time im not even myself, one time I was an asian women attending a funeral and the other day I was a butcher! so random.

:lol: couldnt help myself sorry.

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're having relaxing dreams at the coast because you want a break or that's what you enjoy doing. Only you can truly interpret that. Dreams are the brain playing around with ideas. I don't usually remember my dreams other than I often hear music. Eh, driving buses and my passengers are difficult. They're difficult to keep alive. I drive on narrow paths over the ocean. I live next to the ocean so it doesn't surprise me. I experimented with lucid dreaming in my teen years. It was pretty cool. That's also around the times I went to Hell and if I were a good writer I could write books!

6. justjade

I have a lot of very vivid nightmares about being late for work. I have to be at work at 7am, so it freaks me the hell out. I love my job, but there was a time when I was late a lot. I personally would love to have a recurring dream about being in a beautiful vacation/holiday home.

7. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dreams are either very obvious anxiety-related or completely off-the-wall random.

8. Simple Thoughts

I only recently started remembering any of my dreams again, and they're all weird 0.o

Dreams are always weird I guess though.

By the way has anyone else ever dreamed inside of a dream?

9. Sorceress of Az

I have dreams from time to time,
    I believe in spirituality, and I meditate allot some times I will have visions, and I believe those are of great spiritual importance, messages from the gods/goddesses and the spiritual side of the world.
    The primary difference from dreams and visions is that you can feel your five senses in a vision but in a dream you can not, at least that is how I differentiate them, either way the mind/brain is the tool being used when they take place, and within the confines of my beliefs that does not discredit the spiritual experience in the least as I believe the brain is the tool the divine forces communicate with us with.

May love and peace be with you always,
    In the name of Asherah, The Queen of Heaven, Amen.

10. duende84

Thank you all for the great replies.

My interpritation of the dreams about kissing the guys/friends must point to me yearning for an intimate partner that is also my closest friend.

And about being alone in the holiday house at the coast. May from having that primal fear of being alone forever. Because the ocean is vast, pointing the the "forever" part and the house pointing to my life and its many aspects.