1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Feeling

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rainbow Girl, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Rainbow Girl

In the past few days I think I've finally come to terms with my sexuality. (!)It doesn't mean I want the whole world to know but I certainly feel better about continuing to come out to the rest of my close friends and my parents. And most importantly I'm happy and okay with being gay and I'm comfortable with who I am. Some of my friends who are gay or bi have told me that when you finally get to that point it's like the best feeling in the world and now I understand. I don't even no happy to describe other than amazing. I just had to share this with EC.

I'm wondering if any of you have experienced this yet? If so how long did it take to get to that point and have long have you been at that point?

2. Simple Thoughts

I'm happy to hear that you're feeling good about yourself. :slight_smile:

I hope that when you tell your friends/family it all goes well, and you continue to feel good about who you are <3

I can't say I've had any such moment myself though.

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can honestly say when I finally came to the decision that everyone could know--it was one of the best things to ever happen to me in life. I had no idea how constraining the closet was for me personally until I was out. It's funny--I'm still not the most overtly gay person in the world. I don't really flame except when I choose to, but I found when I finally was out everything about me freed up--I talked differently, I walked differently... everything. I had spent so much more energy holding myself in lest someone guess than I ever knew--and it was so exhausting, but I didn't even realize it until I could see it from the other side. I had just thought life was exhausting--and all of the sudden I was free. Congratulations on being alright with yourself. It's a truly wonderful thing.