1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best/fave school/college/university subjects?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lawrence, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What did you enjoy? Why? What were you good at? What did you dislike?

High school... I loved Modern Studies. We had an awesome teacher. I was quite interested in politics for a while. Home Economics was a drag. Although I don't think I truly hated any subjects. I had a really hip English teacher that said funny things such as "Don't be a giraffe... paragraph!" I performed well at Geography, Graphic Communication, Modern Studies, and Administration.

College... I enjoyed Psychology. It was the first time in my life I experienced freedom. I was one of only two guys on that course! Only three days per week and it was interesting enough for me to study outside of homework. I didn't particularly enjoy the college Administration course. It sucks when you're good at stuff you dislike.

2. Nikky DoUrden

I always said to myself that if I wouldn't strive to be a physicist, I would definitely learn psychology :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But ye I ALWAYS loved physics because at young age I knew I love understanding things, logically, so physics that is. I also do programing (computer science), which is actually what my degree is about. ^^

3. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being an aspiring journalist, I always loved english class, especially when I got to write things. I also liked history a lot.

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In college I was a double major in psychology and sociology, and now I'm studying Human Development in grad school.

In high school I liked history/government, journalism, and environmental science. I liked English at times, depending on what we were reading and how the teacher taught. Hated math--not counting statistics for my field of study, the last math class I took was precalculus in my junior year of high school.

5. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always loved foreign language classes. At one point I wanted to make it into a career, I still wouldn't mind going back to school just for a foreign language.

6. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both of my degrees are in religious studies--and I always found the subject fascinating. And, of course, it's been very useful in my role in private banking.:eusa_liar

7. Ignorance

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I love History and English, and I quite suck at maths.

8. AlamoCity

Economics, biology, chemistry, social studies, history, law, sociology.

Math is my weakness, though I did take and pass calculus in college with an "A" so I'm not that bad.

I hated art (where you actually have to try to create it; art history is fine).

9. man dolen

Because I'm on art high school we have different subject.
    So, figural drawing. I just love drawing human body :grin:, and teacher's awesome.

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In high school, my two favorite classes were band and broadcasting. I still love band, but I don't have time for it anymore.. I'm majoring in electronic media sports production, so that means that I'm in pretty much in all media classes.

I love my media classes, and I also love my LGBT studies classes. I find queer theory and history really interesting. I've even worked on some oral history archive projects that focus on history in the LGBT community in an area near me. (I have a LGBT studies minor.)

11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I have a BS in chemistry and a Masters in polymer chemistry. Take a guess.

Although in college I was like 2 courses shy of getting a second major in Asian studies... Only realized that after the fact.

12. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In college, I can't get enough of political science/political theory courses (shocker!), and public relations and journalism.

I liked economics and government classes in high school.

---------- Post added 9th Feb 2014 at 06:29 PM ----------

Couldn't stand art and math in high school, either. The best it gets for me in the art department is drawing stick figures. Luckily, I've only had to take one math class in college (and it absolutely sucked), although there's been some math in some of my Political Science classes that hasn't been too difficult.

13. Hiems

In high school, Latin was my favorite subject for sure. My teacher made it fun. He was a funny, laidback, and the grading policy was so awesome. You can retake quizzes as many times as you want until you get the score you want.

Strangely enough, despite being a PharmD major, my favorite course was Intro to Communications, which isn't scientific. I enjoyed this course because the professor was the best professor I ever had at my university. Very articulate, down to earth, engaging, and funny guy. And although you had to do more work compared to other professors teaching the same course, you walk out of this class learning so much.

14. finlandwrc

Geography and english

15. ornoir29

Studied foreign languages (I'm Italian), so: English, German and French. Plus I was quite good in Philosophy!

Always had the impressions that, for some weird reason, LGBT people are quite a lot into foreign languages!

16. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Anything that involved a lot of reading and writing basically, so English, History, Foreign Language, Political Science, Social Studies. These have always come easy for me, therefore more enjoyable.

My experiences with Math and Science in middle and high school were *terrible*! It's my own fault, but the outdated methods of teaching combined with the cultural stigma surrounding the subjects didn't help any, either.

It wasn't until college that I started finding these courses somewhat enjoyable, even considering majoring in something related a few times. Some of my earliest childhood fascinations were Entomology and Oceanography, after all.

17. Skov

I love chemistry and math (in particular calculus). That's why I'm choosing to double major in chemical engineering and chemistry

18. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

None of them. I just hate school, period. Even though I'm currently enrolled at and going into $30,000 debt for an expensive art school education that is maybe not necessary for me at this point (returning adult). :lol:

Probably just hate school because it's so damn unchallenging. With a bare minimum of effort, I can ace just about any subject (that doesn't involve math or science).

Hmmm, rereading it, maybe this post should have been made in the "No False Modesty There" thread (if we had one). :grin:

19. redskins20

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    History and economics. The two go well together. But oddly enough, I'm planning on being a Pre-Med major when I graduate high school (can't come quick enough!). So Biology, Chemistry, and Calculus are also my strong suits.

20. fairyinkcap

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Graphic communication is great, mainly cause it's easy and I have great friends in my class. I loved French but I don't take that anymore.