1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shadow People...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Skaros, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I've come across something about "Shadow People".

[​IMG]

You can also read some articles about it. This website even has videos.

Shadow People, page 1

2. Simple Thoughts

Sounds like the mind playing tricks on people. Also, it reminds me in a way of the phenomenon known as 'Sleep Paralysis'

3. Xochipilli

Spooky! D:
    And interesting.
    I've seen a black figure before. Like straight on. And for a prolonged amount of time.
    Shadow person, perhaps?

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. ember

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Wait this is an actual thing??? Holy shit shit i saw these al the time when I was like 7 or 8 outside while i was riding the bus. God now I'm freaking trrified.

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes actually one time I was watching monsters and mysteries in the USA and in Louisiana this shadow was reported by about 20 different people. And actually shadows tend to stand to 7 to 8 ft tall they're suspose to be taller that the average human. But yeah I've seen orbs oh and lately my grandpa who passed away 8 years ago has been playing a lot of tricks on me he turned my tv on and I know I didn't hit it bc the remote was on my night stand and I had a kettle bell on the bench perfectly. Well it fell off and slid all the way to the other side of the room. Then my cats litter box bucket the top part flew In the air and landed On the backside. And then my dogs start growling right around where it happened so I know who it is oh and then in my Christmas card 1 year ago orbs were everywhere. So yes I believe in shadow people and ghosts

7. frkn frk

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That topic has been on l8 night radio for maybe 10 years. They talk of shadow ppl and these things called "rods" and "cones" u c out the corner of ur eye. The rods and cones are thought to be miniature alien crafts or something.

8. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do I believe in ghosts? Yes. Do I belive in shadow people? Maybe, but more often then not, it's probably people's eyes just playing tricks on them.

9. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You know, my teacher from Greek school took a picture of his wife and some of her friends. And holy shit there was like some 8 foot tall human-like figure in the background. They didn't see anything that day, it was at a party with a ton of lights. But the picture had some tall dark human-like figure, with a very shocked expression on its face, and it looked like it was holding its hands in front of it, hands together. Jesus, I wish I had the picture, that was the scariest thing I've ever seen. And the fact is, it was directly from someone I know in real life, not some random internet website.

10. Simple Thoughts

It's an interesting idea for sure. I think shadow people would make an excellent topic for a work of fiction, but I'm highly skeptical of their existence. That's just me though. I saw to each their own ^^

11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ummmmmmmmm...

Please stop spreading rumors like this.

Here's a fact. "Rods and cones" are photoreceptor proteins in your eye and your peripheral vision is actually able to sense motion better than your straight on vision, thus the perception you see things in your periphery is a biological trickery of your brain by stimulating these photoreceptors.

12. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually, now that I think about it, this is starting to sound like the whole Slenderman controversy again. Except this one sounds a little bit more believable I suppose. Or maybe i'm just really gullible... ._.

#12 Gengars, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  13. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's called the placebo effect. If you believe in something like that strong enough it may just come to life in your mind and be able to effect you. Kind of like voodoo or a lucky keychain. There was even a movie made about it. Either way, don't start believing in this. It is purely a creation of the mind and the more you mess around with such things and fear such things, the worse things will get. It's nothing to be afraid of, but if you keep believing in such ridiculous things like that, then it may happen. Not to say that all monsters/myths/ghosts/etc. are the result of the placebo effect, but the so called shadow people definitely are a result of fear and an over active imagination. Please keep that in mind and don't believe in such things. There are enough monsters in real life to be believing in imaginary ones.

14. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that you're probably right. But you know, it's still kind of a cool concept, as long as you don't "over-think" it so to speak.

15. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is true, but there was also a photographic phenomenon called "rods" where rod-like things would flit across the image. It was unexplained for awhile but was eventually confirmed to be moths flying and blurring faster than the shutter speed/framerate of the camera.

[​IMG]

16. Sarcastic Luck

Eh. There's a tall humanoid shaped shadow thing that hangs around me. He's cool. I hope he comes with me when I go to university :grin:

17. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Of course it is. I love this kind of stuff and I'm always interested in it. The thing is there are people who really believe in this and have gotten hurt or worse from it because the placebo effect is that powerful. It's always important to know where to draw the line. You know how sometimes some magic doctor will say sprinkle this blessed dirt on you and it will cure the common cold or whatever. Often it does if you believe strong enough due to the placebo effect. The shadow people are the same result, but fear and the placebo effect are a dangerous combination, so I thought it was important to point out that it is fake. The movie I talked about is like a documentary drama, that explains the whole thing. It is essential to always be rational about these things. There is nothing to fear and no such thing as the shadow people, but the mind is very powerful, and the placebo effect is the result. Like I said, that does not mean that if you see a monster or ghost or something like that, is the result of the placebo effect, but the shadow people are. Creating a fear of such imaginary things is dangerous as pointed out in the film. Innocent curiosity was the cause of this thread, but logic should bring the subject to a close. It is very interesting though, just know where to draw the line and you'll be fine. Monsters of the mind only have as much power as you give them. Remember that.

18. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm really interested in hearing more stories about this.

19. PhoenixisRising

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, not really a believer... figment of imagination if you ask me...

20. Skov

Anyone else find it hilarious that Shadow Spirit is disproving shadow people. The similarities in the names are too great