1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your opinion on astrology?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aussie792, Feb 10, 2014.

?

Do you believe astrology works?

1. No, I do not

45 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. Yes, I do

9 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. Indecisive

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  4. Other opinion

10 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The title speaks for itself; do you believe astrology is true/valid?

I don't, and I struggle to see why anybody would, especially given how obvious it always is; almost all of the characteristics purported to be specific to a "sign" will be so inclusive that one need only be a neurotypical human to match any of them. Not to mention that there's no critical analysis or any reasoned judgement behind it; it makes no sense.

I'm asking this because it has been coming up a lot and is really getting on my nerves; some normally sensible people seem to have no qualms about accepting something I find so unreasonable.

2. AlamoCity

I don't believe in astrology. Many of the readings/predictions are done so vaguely that people stretch and mold what a "Sagittarius," or whatever other sign they are, is said to be or is predicted to have happen, to their lives. The day of your birth has no effect whatsoever, in my opinion and that of others, on your personality or your future. I don't know if to laugh or cry when someone says "I am [insert sign here] and I don't date someone of x sign because we are so not compatible."

Respectfully submitted,

AlamoCity

3. Eric

It's an absolute load of garbage and a waste of time, in my opinion. And I feel pretty strongly about that. :slight_smile:

4. Richie.

Love tarot cards and astrology, I've become quite addicted to them both.. I'm a believer.. It gives me direction sometimes..

5. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think when astrology links with something in your life, it would seem pretty accurate. But it's just a stab in the dark, and not everything is always accurate/has any relevance to your life. So yeah, I think it's bollocks for the most part. But I read my horoscope once in a while just for the heck of it, and from time to time there is something relevant to my life, but that's purely coincidental in my opinion. So I'm 50/50 on it

6. Emulator

No, I don't believe in it. It's purposely vague to match whatever situation you would be in now.

7. thekillingmoon

I don't take it seriously. I think it's fun though. I have some characteristics that fit aries description, but some don't match me very well.

8. Simple Thoughts

Meh it's not my thing.

I've been known to glance it over for the fun of it from time to time, but I'd never assume that anything it says will come to pass. I certainly know it holds no baring over my life, and how my day will go. They word them pretty vague though so anyone who wants it to fit with their situation can easily see it in the words, but ultimately it's just nonsense.

9. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Its fun, casual and effective for some people. in terms of personality traits, they, along with other parts of Astrology, are very vague and apply to many people... Thats been said here, but i mean.. I don't dislike it. I just personally don't believe it. I could still have fun talking about it though. Kind of have a dual opinion of it. Neutral feelings about it, but i disbelieve xD

10. Nikky DoUrden

Astrology will fail when meets with logic, im sorry to say...
    But some times people needs it and thats ok, as long as they don't make life-changing decisions based on it.

[YOUTUBE]1_FAsRddSbE[/YOUTUBE]

11. justjade

I'm a textbook Scorpio, but that doesn't mean I believe everything it says. I also read Tarot cards, and I love astrology. Sometimes it gives me insight that I didn't realize I needed.

12. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's big business. It's a feeble attempt to explain stuff beyond human knowledge. Even if two things are observed to be the exact same to human eyes that doesn't mean they are the same. I suppose it's fun to be seen as an angry aries though xD

13. Richie.

There's lots that can't be explained with logic alone.. This is the truth

14. justjade

Like bumblebees. They are too fat for their tiny little wings to carry them! :lol:

All joking aside, I have found that there's something almost mystical about our interactions with the world around us. I don't believe it's random. I believe there's an order to it. I like the quote "Magic is just science that we don't understand yet." I think it's the same way with things like this. There's an odd sort of unearthly wisdom that manifests itself through the stars and the cards.

If you live without these things, that's fine in my opinion. Astrology isn't for everyone because no one thing ever is.

15. DrkRayne

I don't believe in it. but its fun!

16. Shiny Espeon

Sheldon says it best.

[YOUTUBE]w59boLMnrbU[/YOUTUBE]

17. Nikky DoUrden

I think logic can explain everything, but some times we do not understand how things work enough in order to explain them. Like in physics we still can't answer all the questions but we strive to find the answers, logically :grin:

18. Minx

The personality stuff is fun. :grin: (Especially when delving into the specifics. :lol: )

But the predictions/future charts are a bit bleh. :dry:

I used to believe in it when I was younger. ^-^

19. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I believe in it well I'm a suspicious person but lately I hadn't been paying much attention for it

20. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aren't those the horoscope things in the back of shitty magazines?
    For a second there, I thought that you meant "astronomy". Outer space is awesome.
    Then, I read the content of the thread. Either way, I think astrology is stupid, vague, and should not be a factor in making major decisions.