1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valentine's Fail

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Perseus, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Perseus

Well, every year, I fail at getting a date for Valentine's day. I know, I know, I'm still young... but I just feel so lonely and sad that I haven't even had anyone ever interested in me. My school's Valentine's dance is coming up on Wednesday and I have to go because of my role in the student government... I'm just going to feel soooo lonely when I see people dancing and making out around me. Then you might ask, what about my friends? They're not even going, they've decided to spend the "single awareness day" eating junk food and laying in bed watching movies.

Maybe I haven't tried hard enough... I've met this bi guy who is my friend's friend and he seemed really nice, despite the fact that I do like him, he hasn't shown any interest in me. He sees my messages and never replies. I'm not what you think I am, I don't like anyone I meet, I have quite a few gay guys who I know but they're just not my type. People say that the city I live in have the highest gay population in the country, but barely anyone is even out of the closet apart from me. Seriously, not meeting anyone gay is seriously driving me crazy. Yes, I still have crushes on straight guys. So, every year, I end up sending chocolates and roses to people that I would never be able to be with... I know, it's sad.

Maybe, if I stopped being so "desperate" and start waiting patiently, I'd get a boyfriend.

2. Simple Thoughts

I know just how you feel :frowning2:

I'm 22 and I've spent every single Valentine's day of my life alone. Note that for 3 of them I was in a relationship, but I still spent Valentine's day alone even during that period of time -.-'

It's difficult for sure finding a date. This holiday seems to only be good for reminding people about how alone they are in life. It's kind of sad in a way, but still...I think it's all about perspective. Instead of spending our time sulking about being alone on Valentine's day maybe we should turn it into a motivation. Make a determination to not be alone next year :slight_smile:

After all a lot of the dating world is strictly attitude. People respond best to confidence, so the best method for getting a date is being self-confident. I know it's a lot easier said than done, but not impossible. Keep your chin up, you're still pretty young and you'll get there with time. Don't let missing a lousy corporate holiday dampen your spirits.

When you see those people dancing together while you're alone, don't let it get to you. Instead use it as a tool to help yourself. Make a mental note that you refuse to be alone next Valentine's day, and start working on yourself throughout this year. After all every day is a new day. Just build up some confidence and get yourself out there more. I'm sure if you look in the right places you'll find someone who can make you happy ^.^

3. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can definitely relate. Valentines day has never been up my alley, and finding my sexuality only made it worse. The best thing to remember is that you're not entirely alone here. Also remember that Valentines day is just a commercial holiday for companies to sell more chocolates and roses. The day will be over soon, and it will be behind you soon. If it helps at all, happy early Valentines Day!

4. Perseus

Awww thanks guys :3 That really helped :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I never thought of things this way... Thanks for making me feel better :slight_smile: Happy early Valentine's day I guess, and I'm not going to be alone next year :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Well, hopefully...

5. Simple Thoughts

Don't worry. I'm sure you'll be just fine ^.^