1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT and Normality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Holdingb, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

Do you ever wonder if being homosexual or trans or questioning will ever become normal? To me, it seems that if so it will take a long looooong time. We make a huge deal out of love or gender identity that it is impossible to turn on the news and not see anything related (I say as two segments were about LGBT subjects in a row).

Just imagine how great of a world that would be, and how much easier it would be for the community:
    "So Billy do you like Boys"
    "Yep, I do dad"
    "Okay son, I love you"
    As awful dialogue that is, you understand the point.

Maybe the number of same-sex couples would increase as well since there wouldn't be fear of discrimination, or more people open about their gender identity so SRS and HRT would be covered by insurance. Hm, wishful thinking at best I suppose, but not impossible :grin:

2. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I know what you mean. I wish it would be so much easier for everyone just to be who they are without facing judgment and they can be gay without anyone blanking a eye. Some people are just so insecure and immature when it comes to dealing with gay people and they will never understand the struggles we really face. Hopefully there will be that generation where being gay is like being left handed or having blue eyes.

3. okthen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    P1: "You're left-handed?"
    P2: "Yeah, why?"
    P1: "Cool." (P1 continues on with life)

P1: "You're gay?"
    P1: "Cool." (P1 continues on with life)

See, that's the way it should be, and not like:

P1: "You're gay?"
    P1: "THAT'S DISGUSTING!!" (P1 rants about how "wrong" that is)

P1: "You're left-handed?"
    P1: "THAT'S DISGUSTING!!" (P1 rants about how "wrong" that is)

4. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, technically, normal means average, of the majority etc... so I doubt we'll ever be considered "normal" in the proper scientific/statistical sense of the word. But I like your analogy, by definition left-handed people are a minority so they are not normal either, and it's not really a big deal any more (go back a few hundred years and that's another story). Hopefully one day it's not a big deal to be something other than cis/str8.