1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Really Can't Stand Hearing This...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PhoenixisRising, Feb 10, 2014.

1. PhoenixisRising

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People kill me, when you have the convo with folks that know you for some time, ya'll begin to reminisce about when you came out and they say this, "I knew you was gay, even before you said anything." How is that even possible? Here i'm fighting something that, at the time, didn't know the answer to. Lol, now I know I'm not the only one out here who felt this way :lol:

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's where you call bull and tell them "Hindsight is 20/20."

3. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My friends said that they always thought I was either asexual or nonsexual (i wasn't out at the time). You are not alone in that department, of that I can assure you. When you go with the flow in a nondescript manner, odd labels may attatch. Please keep in mind I came out to them just after high school nearly 20 years ago. The two good friends ended up being the best I'd ever could wish for, and we are all better than brothers to this day.

Sometimes people even say it, just to make it look like they aren't out of touch. Take it all with a big chunk of salt.

4. Tectonic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I wouldn't take it word for word. Meaning, when they say, "knew", what they really mean is assumed. Obviously, they can't be 100% certain, but they can make assumptions. It is funny how people on the outside, i.e. not you, can sometimes come to 'realize' your sexuality before you do. That's probably because they can read you, so to speak, without having to deal with the back and forth emotions that you have to deal with.

5. ba92

Out Status:
    A few people
    Somethings are more obvious to others than it is to you. I remember when my uncle once told me that he knew me more than I knew myself. I thought it was bullshit at the time, then I started to notice some of the things he went through (that I never thought id ever go through) I ended up going through.
    Maybe you had certain interest that would spark their curiousity and make then think you were gay? Or there could be something in your character that stands out, making them question.

6. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think some people are perceptive, and put all the little details together, things you say without thinking much about them, etc... it's possible they have figured it out before you overcame denial...

I almost find it more insulting to have someone who has known you for 20-30-40 years say they had absolutely no clue...